“Bubba's: Reasonable but Better BBQ Exists”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Bubba's Barbecue

Bubba's Barbecue
Ranked #893 of 2,354 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Eugene, Oregon
“Bubba's: Reasonable but Better BBQ Exists”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Eastern Carolina 'claim' at the front desk of our hotel led us here: it was a reasonable choice, but candidly I expected better. On a Monday night--7PM--only three tables were full: that may in fact say it all. Food, service, and environment were tolerable but not memorable.

• Visited March 2013

Sarasota, Florida
“Eastern Carolina Q”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

It is what it is. Good Q fixed by folks in Charlotte under the pretense of being ENC bbq. Fine, service okay, What else is there to say? Nice meal reasonable price, might go back, or I might not.

• Visited December 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“OK but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

It took awhile to be seated,the place is noisy,and I think a little cleaning is in order.The food was good,no complaints there.It is in a questionable part of town.I felt a little uneasy.

Visited August 2012
Belmont, North Carolina
“Overall awful, ok BBQ and horrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I had company in from Oregon who wanted to taste authentic NC BBQ, so based on reviews I decided to give it a try. We were ordering take-out, so I phoned. I asked if I could order in bulk, by the pound or by the rack of ribs? No. I would have to order individual plates for everyone. So I went through the menu and ordered each plate, and asked if I could substitute sides, and was told no. So I ordered extra sides to get what we wanted. I was irritated when I walked in the door to pick it up and there was a huge banner advertising a special that consisted of a pound of BBQ and dozen hushpuppies and I think a side. I asked the woman behind the counter about this, since I asked her on the phone if they did something like this, and she said well you said you wanted ribs AND BBQ; this special is BBQ only. ?? The bill was over $100 and I didn't have that much cash on me so I asked if I could pay $80 in cash and put the rest on my card. No. I asked if I could have tartar sauce, and she said No. I said, "but you have fish on the menu, and you do takeout", to which she replied we don't have any containers to give you tartar sauce in. Again, really?? I took the food and left; and what's the cardinal rule of takeout? Check the order before you leave. I got home, and there were $15 worth of sides not in the bags. I drove 35 minutes each way to get to this place, as I wanted good BBQ for this occasion and the places near me didn't have good reviews. I was so mad, I called to speak to the manager. I got a person who said he was "Bubba", and he did apologize. But then he proceeded to tell me that he had a waitress quit because her parents were going through a divorce and the person at the front desk didn't know what she was talking about. But really? No container for tartar sauce? He continued to complain about getting good help as though that would correct the problem. He then said the next time I come in to let him know, and he will "take care" of me. But he never even asked my name. The ribs were ok, the sauce was good. The hushpuppies were terrible and I didn't try the rest of the sides, but they went pretty much untouched by the guests. Very disappointing.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank NativeNCTraveler
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Worst BBQ Ever!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

We are competition BBQ cookers and we were driving through Charlotte and decided to try out someone else'd BBQ for a change. This was the worst BBQ we have ever eaten. We had a two hour drive home and we both had knots in our stomach after eating only half our plates! We couldn't stand to finish the plates. The BBQ had no smoke and not much flavor either. THe so called BBQ beans looked and tasted like they were just poured straight from a can. The mustard cole slaw was horrible. The meal was a huge disappointment and expensive! Don't bother if you don't like bland food!!

• Visited July 2012