“Great Italian Meals”
Review of Toscana

Toscana
Reserve with OpenTable
Toscana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 2,427 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Barclay Downs
Cross street: Morrison Blvd & Roxborough Rd
Reviewed June 16, 2014

One of our favorites and a must-go-to every time we visit Charlotte. Very nice menu of true Italian recipes...everything is good...but my favorite is the linguine mare. Half a lobster, sea scallops, shrimps, clams, mussels, and calamari top this gastronomic treat with a buttery red sauce. Very quick walk from the Southpark Marriott.

There are newer reviews for Toscana

Reviewed April 26, 2014

On a rainy night the location of this restaurant in the back of a small shopping center with no valet parking and inadequate directional signage made what would have been an excellent meal into a rain soaked guest really appreciating the delicious hot food! Once finally inside, (did I mention the GPS even had trouble finding it) we were warmly greeted and served by an experienced server. The Ceasarina salad was enough for two as was the excellent Panna Cotta we enjoyed for desert. The veal piccata was a large serving for my wife but flavorful and tender and my grilled salmon was well cooked and served on a bed of spinach. The wine list is extensive with many fine Italian bottles. There are wine specials by the glass and we found the quarter liter pour to be a great value.We will definitely try this restaurant again on a dry night.

1  Thank James C
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We arranged to have dinner at Toscana after a memorial service for a family member. We chose Toscana, requesting seating in their outdoor seating area. It was a great choice. They were ready for our party of 8 and we were seated promptly. The wait staff handled the ordering smoothly, not always easy with a group this large. Our choice of starters included lobster bisque, garden salad and bruchetta. Each was distinctive and well prepared. The entre selections were likewise distinctive, much more diverse that a typical Italian restaurant, My shrimp and pasta offering was flavorful and cooked perfectly, Others at the table were likewise pleased. At no point did we feel rushed, which was very important since we had not seen each other in quite a while. Our dinner allowed us to focus on being together as a family, so important at a time like this. Two minor issues: our table seating was created by combining 3 round tables together, not the most comfortable, and the lighting was a little too dim to process the menu easily. I would recommend Toscana to others, and would certainly come back if I happened to be in Charlotte again.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We have had several great experiences at this place, but between Christmas and New Years my wife and I visited Toscana for a special dinner. Unfortunately, that must have been a time for the key people to take a break. Our waiter, while competent, was not well informed about the menu, and seemed to be more interested in serving another (larger) table than ours. There were two items on the ticket for which he overcharged us, and my entree was severely lacking in the main ingredient (sausage). Less than two ounces of meat in an $18 pasta entree. I never send food back, and, unlike every other time we had been there, a manager never came by to ask if we were satisfied. We left, vowing to never come back. Don't get me wrong, the food is usually great. But I lodged a complaint about the overcharge, and the lack of value in an email via their website. And they never replied. They may not deserve the above "poor" rating, but they betrayed the "excellent" rating we gave them previously. Toscana used to be our FAVORITE PLACE for a dining experience. We used to highly recommend them to our friends (see my previous review!). But several people dropped the ball here. That is reason enough to seek another FAVORITE PLACE. Our new place is now Ilios Noche. They try harder.

Toscana does have outdoor dining in a courtyard, but the LAST time we were there, the imitation (concrete) stone was BADLY in need of pressure washing.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Service was so so. It was busy and the bartender waited on us and she was really busy but not attentive. They do give you so great bread and this incredible bean bruchetta and that was fantastic! But the calamari was so so and the chicken masala needed garlic. Overall so so probably wouldn't go back. But I am going to try to make that bean bruschetta at home!