“Surprise”
Review of Upstream

Upstream
Reserve with OpenTable
Upstream is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 2,439 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Fairview Road
Description: Craving fresh, day boat seafood and sushi? Upstream, located in the heart of the bustling South park area at Phillips Place, offers guests an innovative menu created by Executive Chef, Tom Dyrness. With a list of awards, including the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, The Dirona Award, Zagat and being named one of the “best new restaurants in the country” by Esquire’s John Mariani, Upstream is the place to have a spectacular dining experience whenever dining in Charlotte.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We enjoy dining at Upstream every time we visit Charlotte, but this time we had a real surprise! My husband felt like steak and ordered the rib eye with peppercorn sauce. What a surprise! It was wonderful. After my bento box (always good) I still had room for a few tastes of his steak - tender and delicious.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My son-in-law is a chef in Charlotte and he turned us on to this place. We enjoy going on Sunday afternoon for their amazing brunch buffet. You can order breakfast tapas or enjoy their huge selection of local favorites from a large assortment of BBQ, to raw oysters and smoked salmon. This is a great place to take your family after church or to celebrate a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had the pan fried trout with baby bok choy and it was delicious. We had a very helpful waiter who helped my group with wine recs. Thursday night is half-price bottle night, btw. Excellent!!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

So excited to find a seafood restaurant inland that has a great selection of fresh fish prepared as if you were on the coast.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My girlfriend and I love thi srestaurant but there is one major thing wrong with it if you are looking for a couples night out, if you make a reservation for 7.30 you will be paying your bill by 8.20 and home within the hour. The srevice is rediculously quick, you have your first course within minutes and you rmains are delivered when they take away your plates. If you plan a romantic and nice night out then your seat will hardly be warm before it all over. When asked was everything OK and I said "food great, service is just too fast we have coem out for an evening not for an hour" the managers reply was "that's the American way". Rubbish !!

I know use restaurant for overseas clients when they are in town and I feel onblige dto take them to dinner and I don't really want to go, I know the food will be good and I also know I will be on my way home within an hour, and they live up to it every single time !!

And get rid of thos esports TV's !!! Drive me nuts in an expensive restaurant, if I want to watch crappy baseball I would go to a sports bar and have fried chicken !!

Been to Upstream? Share your experiences!