“great food but expensive”
Review of Upstream

Upstream
Reserve with OpenTable
Upstream is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 2,448 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Fairview Road
Description: Craving fresh, day boat seafood and sushi? Upstream, located in the heart of the bustling South park area at Phillips Place, offers guests an innovative menu created by Executive Chef, Tom Dyrness. With a list of awards, including the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, The Dirona Award, Zagat and being named one of the “best new restaurants in the country” by Esquire’s John Mariani, Upstream is the place to have a spectacular dining experience whenever dining in Charlotte.
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Crowded ,service was good.I had trout almondine it was great.The price was high but well worth it.My didnot like the choice on the menue ,She was just satisified and was not happy about the price.I have been back once but did not want to wait in line to get in so I left.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Last night my party of 5 took advantage of Charlottes Restaurant Week at Upstream. It had been several years since I had dined at the restaurant. We had a lovely meal and 2 in our party took advantage of the wine pairing menu that accomplanied the restaurant week menu. They found that to be a very nice value. ALL of us totally enjoyed our meals and I had forgotten how top notch this kitchen is--must return soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I'm not sure if they switch it up weekly but on my visit they had a spread of salads, steamed shrimp and clams, chicken, brisket, salmon, roast, an omelet station, shrimp and grits, pastas, a tapas menu(included in the price) with waffles, scallop risotto, trout tacos, crab cake benedict, french toast, etc., and an array of desserts........well worth the $25 bucks in my opinion.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

The decor at Upstream makes you feel like you are somewhere else. The staff is always very warm and friendly. The food is prepared and presented well. Even their china is unique and beautiful. Their seafood as well as their sushi are fresh and delicious. They have an extensive wine list and a great variety of delectable desserts. The only negative about this restaurant can be the noise. On a busy night it can be quite loud since tables are fairly close.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Server was attentive and knowledgable. Explained oysters origin, flavor and texture. Almost convinced me to try, despite my past oyster experiences. Instead, chose an amazing Ahi tuna with a side of delicate sauteed green beans. Nice wine choices by the glass. Gelato for dessert. All reasonably priced.