“Best Italian Food in Charlotte”

Ciro's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #94 of 2,535 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: University City North
Description: Ciro's Italian Ristorante is a family-owned business that has served the University neighborhood since 1995. We specialize in providing homemade Italian cuisine in a sophisticated, but never stuffy, atmosphere. Ciro's is the perfect place to impress a date or celebrate a family event. We have a semi-private dining area and we also offer catering. Bring your family to our family.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great authentic Italian Food.They make everything fresh,nothing frozen.They give you big portions and prepared the right way.Great atmosphere.The staff was friendly and fast.I've been going for years and so far nothing compares to there food.

1  Thank Pete G

Reviewed March 30, 2013

A first impression is that it is a lovely place, warm and inviting and tastefully appointed. There are tablecloths, china etc, nice art, an accordion player, overall, very nice decor. The menu offers the typical Italian fare, nothing special. What is truly lackluster is the food and presentation. I dined on a Friday nite with 2 other women. We each ordered a different veal dish. Two of us received a plate with 3 thin pieces of veal swimming in sauce (mine was piccata, hers was francese) and a small garnish. No salad, no veggie, no rice which would have been a better pairing than a bowl of spaghetti with a drop of bland tomato sauce on top. The real insult is that these dishes are $22.00 each! Our waiter was attentive however, especially when we explained a time limitation and I have no quibble with the service. So that first good impression quickly dissolves into disappointment after dinner.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Ciro's is a nice haven in a sea of fast food and casual eateries. (TGIFs, Applebee's, etc.)

Dined at the (full) bar twice during a one-week visit. Atmosphere is nice, not stuffy.

Service is good BUT be aware that there is no server or bartender assigned to the bar. Waiters and waitresses from the dining room serve you. This didn't cause me any inconvenience, but it did for two gentlemen who waited 10 minutes for a refill.

Food is good to really good. I had red clam chowder and another clam dish (butter, bread crumbs, baked) on the first night. Soup, delish, clams, good, and bread was fine, as well.

Had a pasta seafood dish the second visit and it was great. Lots of seafood, pasta done just right, a little tang to the gravy.

On second night, the owner was present, and he is quite the charmer. Plays the accordion and sings, walking around the dining room. It happened to be his birthday, and we had a limoncello to celebrate him. Great fun!

There is outdoor seating, in season. The dining room is not large, but the tables are spread out, so well behaved children would be fine there.

I would absolutely recommend this place. My only caveat would be this: it must get PACKED in the tourist season, given the location. Make a reservation on OpenTable.com.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This place is Authentic. Not a chain. The waiter we had had such a heavy accent we made him say thing twice at times. I had the veal dish with spinach, prosciutto and mozzarella. Was very good. But I would really recommend anything with there marinara sauce. My veal dish came with a side of spaghetti and sauce. It was the best sauce I ever had! Order the Lasagna!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Not my favorite italian place in Charlotte. Not even my favorite italian place in the University City area of Charlotte. There are a couple others available. Food is decent and the services is good. However, the food is overpriced for the servings that they provide. I LOVE italian food and this is not the place I would recommend for good italian but it will do if you are in a pinch of if you plan to hangout near the lake outside.