“Nice little restaurant”
Review of Mimosa Grill

Mimosa Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Mimosa Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 2,448 Restaurants in Charlotte
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Second Ward
Cross street: Martin Luther King & Tryon Streets
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Location is great downtown, staff was attentive and professional. The food was nice and good quality for the price. My husband had the "loaded mashed potatoes" which was about 75% cheese and then some potatoes.....not ideal, but otherwise everything we had was recommendable. LOVED the biscuits they serve.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Been going to Mimosa for the better of 10 years and they continue to maintain a very good standard of business casual, business formal and very good food.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Everything was well executed. Ahi burger, hamburger, chopped chicken salad. The mussels and Mac and cheese were some of the best I have ever had. Service was attentive and cordial.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went together, I should've ordered everything he did! He started with the stuffed hush puppies amazing! It was like étouffée on too of a perfectly cooked hush puppie! Then he ordered the pecan encrusted trout, one of the most perfectly concocted dishes I have ever ate anywhere! Then he finished with the pecan pie a must. I in the other hand started with the strawberry salad, not good. The flavor was just not for me so I sent it back and got the hummus which was wonderful! Then I ordered the stuffed chicken which was slightly dry but the chorizo vinergrette covered pretty well and the skin was wonderfully crisp. I finished with the frozen cheesecake and it good if you like frozen desserts. All in all I will most definitely go back for everything my husband ordered!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Went with a group of 10 people for Charlotte Restaurant week. (twice a year you can try some of Charlotte's best restaurants 3 courses fro 30$) This time we chose Mimosa. If you like vodka and ginger beer you must try the Moscow Mule. It came served in a nice copper mug. This was sooo good, I could have easily drank 5 more. LOL. My meal started with the lobstah mac n cheese. This was loaded with big pieces of lobster and creamy. I felt like it might be a bit too buttery (yes buttery) as what I had left was huge pool of it in the bottom of my dish when i was done. I also had the Short Rib. This is very much like an updated version of beef and noodles (which is my go-to comfort food)The Ramen noodles tasted homemade and the broth with the veg was delish. The beef was very tender. For dessert I had the pecan pie. It was a small tart with a dollop on maple tasting icecream. Very refreshing. The only thing negative I would say that some people in my party ordered extra sides or apps and they came out at different times then us ordering just 3 courses. So therefore we had finished our entee and others hadnt gotten theirs. Awkward service. Overall we would go back again as the food was fresh and yummy.

Been to Mimosa Grill? Share your experiences!