“panini”
Review of Mama Ricotta's

Mama Ricotta's
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama Ricotta's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 2,439 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Bus #6 from uptown stops directly across the street from the restaurant.
Description: From the Wine Spectator Award to "Best Italian Restaurant" from Zagat, Mama Ricotta's Italian Restaurant brings to life the award-winning vision of owner Frank Scibelli. With a long, proud reputation built on authentic recipes, made from the freshest of ingredients and prepared by the finest culinary minds in the South, Mama Ricotta's restaurant is the premier Italian dining destination in Charlotte. "Upscale homestyle" is our style, and we love to bring it to you, again and again. Begin your adventure with a warm Goat Cheese and Mascarpone Dip served with grilled crostini, and then move into the warm freshness of our Penne Alla Vodka, tossed in a spicy cream tomato sauce. Or, let the subtle flavors of our Pollo Carciofi delight even your most discriminating of tastes. Our commitment to freshness is one of our most valued traditions - we even house-make our mozzarella! With nearly two decades of success, we've made it our goal to bring you only the best, with our best.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Italian food: nice menu selections. Good service. Enjoyed Mama Panini with fresh mozzerela, bacon, and tomato. Pasta salad side had many good ingredients and great flavor.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Everything about this place is amazing. This was my first time eating there. The garlic knots were perfection. For an appetizer, we had the warm goat cheese and mascarpone dip served with grilled bread and warm tomato basil sauce, DELICIOUS. I got the penne alla vodka and had sausage added, it was fantastic. I can't say one bad thing about my meal here. Service was very attentive as well. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Never been disappointed with the food and the service. This has became a favorite for me and my daughter who is 18. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I love Mama's. I've previously waxed philosophical about the garlic rolls. I recently hosted a work wedding shower here and was absolutely blown away by the level of attention my large group (13) received from the word go. I brought in dessert from an outside bakery. Mama's staff placed them artistically on plates for me. Score! I brought flowers in from an outside florist. Mama's staff made room for them on the table. Everything was exactly as I asked from the word go. I am hard to please so that is saying something!! Kudos to Krista and Sarah as well as the event coordinator whose name escapes me at present but was amazing during the planning phase. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Amazing service at this nice little restaurant - the staff was attentive, funny, very in tune to the menu and extremely efficient. My whole wheat spaghetti with tomato basil and turkey meatballs was very good, although one meatball was moist, the other a bit dry. The temperature of the food was not hot enough for me; the calzone was enjoyed as well as the lasagna. The bruschetta was delicious. It was nice to be able to get a glass of prosecco at lunchtime. It's a pretty noisy restaurant at lunchtime. Maybe a return trip for a quiet dinner would up my food rating to a 5!

2  Thank k g

Been to Mama Ricotta's? Share your experiences!