“Wow! Great food and service!”
Review of Mama Ricotta's

Mama Ricotta's
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama Ricotta's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 2,448 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Bus #6 from uptown stops directly across the street from the restaurant.
Description: From the Wine Spectator Award to "Best Italian Restaurant" from Zagat, Mama Ricotta's Italian Restaurant brings to life the award-winning vision of owner Frank Scibelli. With a long, proud reputation built on authentic recipes, made from the freshest of ingredients and prepared by the finest culinary minds in the South, Mama Ricotta's restaurant is the premier Italian dining destination in Charlotte. "Upscale homestyle" is our style, and we love to bring it to you, again and again. Begin your adventure with a warm Goat Cheese and Mascarpone Dip served with grilled crostini, and then move into the warm freshness of our Penne Alla Vodka, tossed in a spicy cream tomato sauce. Or, let the subtle flavors of our Pollo Carciofi delight even your most discriminating of tastes. Our commitment to freshness is one of our most valued traditions - we even house-make our mozzarella! With nearly two decades of success, we've made it our goal to bring you only the best, with our best.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

If want great Italian food that is homemade, this is the place to go in Charlotte! Had a business lunch there and the service from Danny was perfect. Had the lasagna and ate every bit! Tremendous and worth the trip! Frank the owner acme by the table to make sure everything was good.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Decided to try Mama Ricotta's on a whim over the weekend and were pleased with our decision. Online reservation was accepted without issue and after a short wait at the bar our table was ready. Went with a salad and soup for appetizers. Both were good although the Steak and Vegatable soup was missing just a bit of flavor. I had lasagna and my wife had shrimp and pasta dish. Both very flavorful and plenty of food to share. Warm fresh rolls with dinner were great!! Service was pleasant and effecient on a busy evening. Overall a nice experience.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

All of the food was excellent from the salad, to entrée to desert. I would highly recommend this for any occasion. There were lots of birthdays being celebrated the night I went. This was a girls night out when I went.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The food is great, but make sure you check your bill for miscellaneous charges....

If you order pasta, and salad you expect to have cheese on it, right? Tonight, we ordered Chicken Pasta with Broccoli, and Chicken Caesar Salad - we did not want the cheese on the food, but asked for the cheese on the side - and that's what we got - however, when we got the bill, we were charged 50cents extra each for the cheese that we asked for on the side - really??

We immediately asked for the manager, and he said that it is the restaurant policy to charge for cheese (and he said some employees don't follow the rules, and don't charge the customer) - I said if we order pasta, and salad we expect cheese with it - the fact that we asked for it on the side does not mean it's an extra item that we ordered. I know it was only $1.00 extra, but it's the fact that we should not have been charged for something that should have come with the meal (for the price of their food, we expect cheese to be included!) - the fact that we had to bring this to the manager's attention was ridiculous.

We like their food as it is delicious, but we don't appreciate that they gouge their customers for every penny they can get!

Now, you have been warned - check your bill when you receive it.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Well, if you've read my posts for Charlotte, you can soon see that I ate my way through the conference :)! We also ate at Mama Ricotta's two evenings. My second meal was my favorite - homemade ravioli with a fantastic meat sauce! Don't miss it! It's very easy to get to from downtown!