“Flavorfull food with some Jazz”
Review of Cajun Queen

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Elizabeth
Cross street: Lamar
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Good cajun food full of flavor. Be prepared for LARGE protions. Can't complain about the service and the ambiance was pretty nice as well if you are a fan of Jazz.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Cajun Queen is a great place to have really good Cajun food. Service is on point and knowledgeable. Located in an old house it is charming and well appointed. Parking can be a problem, but they do have a valet service.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Cajun Queen is located in an older home in a very charming neighborhood. Parking was bit intimidating until I saw the free valet. Use the valet. The few dollars you spen on the tip is worth it and the valets are very friendly.
We were seated right away without a reservation, but it was on a Wednesday night it didn't seem busy in there. Our waiter greeted us right away. We weren't quite decided on a drink order, so he said he'd come back. Well he took forever to come back! Thaw whole evening was like that. We ordered our food with our drinks. Our salads and Gumbo came out right away. The Gumbo was delicious! It wetted my appetite for more. I was anticipating my étouffée with excitement. However it was almost 30 minutes before our entrees arrived after we finished our soups and salads. I understand some meals take longer to prepare than others but when people who were seated and ordered after our soups and salads arrived get their meals before you something is wrong. When our food did arrive it was absolutely delicious. Not sure it was worth the wait but we enjoyed it.
I will eat Cajun Queen again, but I will order it for pick-up and enjoy it at home.

1  Thank PascoLaura
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

I have been here many times before and really enjoyed it. But I have not been recently. I was disappointed in the food and service. The gumbo was lukewarm, the food was just okay and the server was not friendly. I felt like we were putting him out. Apparently there has been a problem with parking since the last time we were there. Luckily we got there early enough to get a spot but there were signs all over the place about parking and towing. I was very disappointed about our experience and I don't know if we will go back.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I really have never liked Cajun food too much, so I was a little skeptical about going here with my family! But to my surprise I fell in love with the menu.. the portions are awesome and they have a little bit of everything for everyone... of course I mean the meat selections.

Nice for friends, couples, and families. Depending on what kind of outing this would be you may want to sit in specific areas. MAKE A RESERVATION!!! I think for the amount of food you get and the atmosphere I think the price is decent. Oh they have live music also!

The staff is very friendly and attentive service. In my last experience the server was very quick about his duties and removed my food before i finished with it but what turned this into a major positive was management. They provided me with a gift certificate that covered the price of my meal at a later date.

Overall I had a good experience and would go again when I would like to just relax and eat awesome seafood and tender chicken!