“Family run and it shows”
Review of Open Kitchen

Open Kitchen
Ranked #224 of 2,448 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant seems to be a family run restaurant with a close knit staff and quaint atmosphere. The portions are perfect and the food is very good.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

eight of our friends came with us last night.I have been coming here since 1963. Two of the couples had their first experience. the entrees were fabulous. However, the greek salad took honors. the "small" salad that easily fed two . There were no negative comments from our group. we will alll return.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

been going there since I was a kid; love it! Authentic, friendly.....the salad dressing is the best. And have the spaghetti and meatballs; simple, classic, filling. You'll need a to-go box!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Great value, great service, interesting history! Their lasagne is some of the best I've had, good sauces, a decent bargain. Try it again if it has been a while, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The food was not high end, but it was pretty tasty. Nothing fancy, but if you want a good ol American type Italian, this food was great. The waiter was terrible terrible! I went there for lunch on a Friday. He was waiting on the tables to the right of the entrance. He did not give a rats about giving us a refill which is one thing, but the attitude he had was we did not belong there. Funny, as we pay his freakin wages. The rudest man ever. We gave him a tip-regretted that a lot. He needs to go...and next time I go there, I will get up and go elsewhere if he is my waiter.

Been to Open Kitchen? Share your experiences!