“always wonderful”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2012

been going there since I was a kid; love it! Authentic, friendly.....the salad dressing is the best. And have the spaghetti and meatballs; simple, classic, filling. You'll need a to-go box!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Great value, great service, interesting history! Their lasagne is some of the best I've had, good sauces, a decent bargain. Try it again if it has been a while, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The food was not high end, but it was pretty tasty. Nothing fancy, but if you want a good ol American type Italian, this food was great. The waiter was terrible terrible! I went there for lunch on a Friday. He was waiting on the tables to the right of the entrance. He did not give a rats about giving us a refill which is one thing, but the attitude he had was we did not belong there. Funny, as we pay his freakin wages. The rudest man ever. We gave him a tip-regretted that a lot. He needs to go...and next time I go there, I will get up and go elsewhere if he is my waiter.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

That is what the sign on the exterior wall used to say. When we cannot decide where to go for dinner the answer is always the Open Kitchen. My wife's parents used to go there in the 60's and it is still just as good. Every thing on the menu is good. I am partial to the sub sandwich. The atmosphere is great , old pictures of famous people who ate there, very nostalgic. Not a fancy or trendy place but a true hidden gem in a city where restaurants come and go.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I've been a customer of the Open Kitchen since the late 1950's! I have eaten there literally hundreds of times and always look forward to my next trip. The staff is very friendly and the atmosphere, garnered from it's 60 year history, is amazing. Be sure and try the veal juliano!

Been to Open Kitchen? Share your experiences!