“Could be better”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 2,565 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Fourth Ward
Cross street: 5th Street
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business meeting, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the heart of the Uptown Financial District just blocks from the Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte Convention Center, and Time Warner Cable Arena.
Reviewed May 11, 2010

I recently took my wife and two sons for dinner, Mother's Day. Nice for special occasion. However, I forgot to request a booth...my wife prefers them, not a prblm they found us one but it was very near the kitchen. All in our party agreed the best steaks they had ever had. This was my second time at 'The Capital Grille' ...first time was a few weeks ago in Wash DC. Both times great food. The service at the Charlotte restaurant was a little aggressive or too attentive. We were frequesntly interupted by wait staff, nice to be looked after, but fine line between attentive service...and 'here's your hat, what's your hurry'. For the amt they charge should be better.

Reviewed February 22, 2010

We celebrated my birthday at Capital Grille and had a wonderful time. From the moment we arrived, everyone from the hostess to our server acknowledged my birthday, as my husband mentioned it when making the reservation. They had confetti sprinkled on the table when we were seated. The food was incredible, especially the Filet Oscar and the Flourless Chocolate Espresso Cake. Definitely worthy of a special occasion!

Reviewed February 20, 2010

I have visited not only this Capital Grille but others and find the food and service to be outstanding. The location "Uptown" makes it convenient to walk to and from hotels and other establishments around town.

Reviewed January 18, 2010

My now fiance and I went to the Capital Grille after I proposed to her. We have been here a few times before with friends and during restaurant week and had great meals and it has become one of our favorite restaurants.

From the moment we stepped through the door to when we were leaving, the staff waiting on us with a smile. When asked if we were celebrating anything that night and my girlfriend blurting out that she had been engaged for about an hour, they went above and beyond what we normally receive, which is great service.

Our food was cooked to order and perfect as it always is. We both had the lobster bisque, which was one of their specials and it had tons of lobster in it. My fiance had the sliced filet mignon and I had the balsalmic glazed delmonico, both of which were fantastic. For desert, we wanted to just share a cheesecake and instead, we got a piece of chocolate cake, a cheesecake and a creme brulee.

After a night like this, we will definitely be back for more at the Capital Grille.

Reviewed December 26, 2009

We spend a lot of time up in Charolette visiting friends and we always try to make a stop here for dinner. The steaks are very good and always a good size portion. The seafood is very fresh. We do not eat here often enough to expect people to remember our names, but it seems like everytime we do come in, we are remembered, which is a nice feeling. Great service and worth every penny.

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!