“Great steakhouse!!!”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 2,448 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Fourth Ward
Cross street: 5th Street
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business meeting, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the heart of the Uptown Financial District just blocks from the Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte Convention Center, and Time Warner Cable Arena.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Atmosphere was great. Wait staff .
They do special occasions better than any other restaurant.!!! Great Steak, do not miss the creme brûlée.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I've been to a few capital grilles, this was my first time at the one in Charlotte. I think, perhaps they got overwhelmed as there was some show across the street that had them hopping busy. Nonetheless at $150/pp I'd expect something better. The wine glasses were not properly rinsed so the smell of dishwashing soap ruined my wine. My steak was over-cooked (I ordered it rare). My salad arrived only after I asked for it -rest of the party had their salads and soups. Needless to say, with so many steak choices in uptown, I won't be back.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Ate here in September as part of a large group, so we were in a private room to the right of the main floor. Ambiance, food, and staff were very nice, but for the price, I was expecting more than very nice. My salmon was good and others gave the steaks a good to excellent rating. A good place to entertain and impress but I couldn't justify the prices to the experience. A good time with good food, but I would probably not return.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I had the Porcini rubbed steak..$48...meat was good, but overpowered with sweet and sickly balsamic reduction...lost the porcini . Wife had sea bass...good. Potatoes au gratin under cooked. Odd roving manager prancing around like a twit, adding no value..asked every table around us if they enjoyed dinner, missed us..no great disappointment, but we were on their list as "Wedding Anniversary " diners...erroneously !

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I was here for a business dinner and we were seated in a back corner. Our server had trouble getting through to the back and thus all night was passing dishes and asking for glasses to be passed yo her. You'd expect they'd have figured out table placements to allow good service. My steak was fine but I didn't think much of the sides.

1  Thank pensfan58

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!