“Wonderful dinner at Charlotte's Capital Grill”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,457 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Fourth Ward
Cross street: 5th Street
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business meeting, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the heart of the Uptown Financial District just blocks from the Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte Convention Center, and Time Warner Cable Arena.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Can't say when I've had better service than at the Capital Grill. Our server, Jim, was classy, attentive, and showed he's a pro's pro. BTW, the food was great, just what one expects in a top-flight steakhouse. While we didn't have steaks, our fish dishes were outstanding, with the creamed spinach a total winner. This is a restaurant where you pay for what you get -- the best service with top-quality cuisine. A very special treat.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Charlotte has many restaurants and some are real gems and then you have the top three which are diamonds. The Capital Grille is one of those three. Some people just don't understand (from other reviews) that you pay for what you get. If you want a great atmosphere, 5 star service and high quality food you will have to pay a little more. The food is excellent, the service was top notch and the atmosphere is delightful. I started with the Caesar Salad followed with the Filet Mignon and Lobster Tail. For dessert we shared a Mocha Chocolate Cake. If you have a thing about crowds I suggest you come on a weekday. I dine here on Mondays and love the extra attention I get.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you want to throw away a lot of money, get unnecessarily large portions, and get mediocre food, this is the place to go.

The highly recommended (by the waiter) parmesan crusted sole ($38) was enough to two to three people. And it was just that: parmesan crusted sole--no sauce. It was dry and really not particularly good.

The chopped salad was one of the most uninteresting salads imaginable. It had no olive oil and a dressing that was very reminiscent of bottled dressing.

These are New York prices for substandard food.

1  Thank garysanta
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The food was very good. But, what really stood out and made this an excellent dinner was the service. It was my birthday and they only found out once we arrived. They put fun sprinkles on the table, brought me flowers, gave me a birthday card with a great coupon, gave me a free dessert (the chocolate cake is AMAZING), took my picture, gave me a copy of the picture and every person that stopped by the table said Happy Birthday. It really made me feel very special. My mom and dad went last year for their anniversary and received similar treatment. So, if you have a special occasion, I highly recommend Capital Grille. They treat you really well. One other thing -- the portions are huge, so you may want to split dishes.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

During our recent trip to Charlotte, my wife and I took our daughter and 2 grand-daughters, aged 6 and 8, out to dinner to the Capital Grille, to celebrate the little one's birthday.

We ordered Mac & Cheese for the children. For our starters,we got Pan Fried Calamari with hot cherry peppers which was crispy and exciting. Our daughter ordered Lobster Mac & Cheese and Lobster Bisque soup which were both excellent. My wife and I decided to share the Signature Bone-in Kona Crusted Dry Aged steak however instead of the Sirloin, as advertised in the menu, our waitress recommended Delmonico which, due to its marbled texture promised to be extra juicy, as I preferred it. And, it was the best steak and most unique flavour I had enjoyed in a long, long time!

We mentioned that it was our grand-daughter's birthday, so they served a special celebration dessert comprising cookies, three flavours of home- made ice cream (strawberry, vanilla and the most delightful dark-chocolate) as well as fresh, berry laden crime brûlée.

And, to top off the perfect dining experience, our wonderful hostess, Michelle, presented us with a birthday card signed by the CG team, a copy of our family photo she took on the occasion along with a card for complimentary Pan Fried Calamari on our next visit.

I heartily recommend the Capital Grille for its excellent ambience, food and hospitality!

1  Thank veer2808

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!