“Great Service, Made our Birthday special, Best Ribeye steak!”
Review of Villa Antonio - CLOSED

Villa Antonio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Friendly staff that took our phone reservation for a special Birthday dinner. Greeted at the door by the manager and directed to our lovely table decorated with Birthday balloons and glitter. Please know that the management took it upon themselves to decorate without encouragement and it was a delightful surprise that is rarely seen at other restaurants. The smile and friendly attitude from our server made us feel like they had been planning the whole time to make our dinner the highlight of the evening. The professional piano player and singing made us feel like we were at a expensive concert without the cost. The wines are well thought out and the menu became a wish list for our next visit. The steak was cooked perfect. The starter and salads are fresh and the birthday singing and lighted candles made the night special.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My sister and I have been to Villa Antonio several times now. We really enjoyed our visit every time. The food is always tasty - I particularly liked the mushroom soup, and my sister thinks their tiramisu is yummy. Our server Matthew is always terrific- ask for him and you will not be disappointed. He is very attentive and helpful and humourous. They have live entertainment on the weekends, as well. I think we might try the lunch buffet next time - looks like a terrific value! A great place to go any time.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and i have been looking for a restaurant where we could enjoy the old dinner and dancing date we used to have. Villa Antonio's is exactly what we were looking for. From the first time you enter the restaurant to be greeted with a warm handshake and a kiss on the hand for the lady to the desert, you will have a wonderful time. You are not rushed and they seem to bring the food out at the end of the song....has to be planned! Put on a tie and go have some fun in a elegant atmosphere made for a romance.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Being a transplanted New Yorker/Long-Islander, I was missing the quality Italian restaurants which are so prevalent where I grew up.
We stumbled upon this excellent restaurant while looking for a place to dance in Charlotte (still looking). They have Latin Dance lessons the last Tuesday of every month so we thought we'd have some dinner and hit the dance floor.. Well, the dinner turned out to be the main attraction, and we've returned 4 times for different occasions since.
The service is impeccable and the food is as good if not better in some cases than anything I've had on Long Island. It's our "special place" now.
The Lobster Ravioli is a big favorite as well as the Fried Calamari & Salcaccia appetizers. My personal favorite is the Vitello Marsala which is unlike any Veal Marsala I've every had. The sauce is a deep, rich burgundy in color, and delicious.
Everyone we've taken to Villa Antonio's is very happy with their meal, and with the service, hospitality and atmosphere, the experience feels special from the moment you're greeted at the door to the appreciation you get when walking out.

2  Thank John W
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Villa Antonio on South Blvd, Charlotte NC served us a delicious meal. The Owner greeted everyone warmly and the staff had years of experience with the menu and wines. We stumbled on this place when we missed our airplane connections due to severe weather. It was wonderful to relax over well-prepared, beautifully presented Italian dishes and wine. That night we spied a special drama. The owner provided a private banquette alcove and delivered, as pre-planned, the flowers and card for a young man who surprised his date with a wedding proposal. She looked so excited. I can see why this would be a favorite spot for special occasions.