“Charlotte Gastro Pub with Excellent Beer List”
Review of The Liberty

The Liberty
Reserve with OpenTable
The Liberty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #155 of 2,403 Restaurants in Charlotte
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Dilworth
Cross street: East Blvd
Transit: The East/West Blvd station for the Lynx light rail line is in our parking lot.
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
“Charlotte Gastro Pub with Excellent Beer List”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great menu, AMAZING beer list. Server was awesome, but hostesses need to pull their noses down a little.

I had the truffle burger and washed it down with a Bell's Amber Ale, and it was fairly amazing.

• Visited December 2012

Mississippi
“Impressed”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

On a suggestion from a friend, I took the Lynx from the Uptown (downtown) out to the East/West Blvd station. A half-block from the station I found the Liberty. When I stepped inside the place smelled like a pub, the old beer smell. It wasn't the most appetizing smell, but I proceeded to the bar to grab a drink and some grub. The staff was friendly and the selection of brews was stellar, especially those hard-to-find craft beers. I ordered the Big Crunch burger which had crispy bacon and pimiento and cheese. It was not a combination I had tried before, but it did not disappoint. The hand-cut chips on the burger were a welcome surprise and the fries with sea salt were fantastic. I ordered the burger medium and it was cooked to perfection. It was definitely one of the top-ten burgers I have ever eaten. All-in-all a great meal in a nice place. The neighborhood was well-lit and clean, a great place for business-people to go visit in the evening for a

• Visited July 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best burger in Charlotte!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Liberty has a very relaxed atmosphere for dining and drinking. The burger really is the best one that I have tasted. The menu is varied and inventive. They also have a friendly and knowledgeable staff. GO! You won't regret it.

Visited June 2013
Charlotte
“Everyone enjoyed their lunch”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have been to the restaurant twice and my husband twice and we both agree the lunch menu is better. The burgers are great, both meat and veggie. The fries are addictive. Based on other's reviews, now we have to go back and have the pretzels!

• Visited June 2013
NC
“Bar could be friendlier”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stopped at The Liberty after dinner for a drink and dessert. There were only a couple folks there but the bartender looked like she didn't want to be there. We typically like to sit at the bar and chat with the bartender for a while . She was having none of that. We left after one drink. Wasn't impressed.

• Visited May 2013