“best mexican food for the charlotte area”

Cabo's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #366 of 2,403 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Mexican
Charlotte, North Carolina
“best mexican food for the charlotte area”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We found this place when we moved to charlotte last year, and in our opinion this is the only restaurant that we really like for Mexican Food. My husband tries just about everything and hasnt had a bad meal. They do have excellent Guacamole too. Im a fajita eater don't care for the steak but love the chicken and the shrimp fajitas. Taking friends there saturday night!!

• Visited September 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Beats all of the other mexican restaraunts we have tried in the area. Very good.”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

If you happed upon this place and want good food... Give it a try!!! I had the Burrito California. The best burrito I have had in years. This is americanized Mexican at its best. I don't know what else to say. Good food, good service. Good value.

• Visited September 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Awesome little mexican/latin american restaurant”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This place was formerly called Salsa's and has since expanded and been renamed Cabo's. It's got to be the best Mexican restaurant in Charlotte

Visited September 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Horrible!!!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Ate lunch at Cabo's today with my wife and there will be no return trip. The food was bland in general and lacking taste. We each had a lunch combo (enchiladas, tacos) with ground beef. The meat had absolutely no flavor, the sauce tasted like it came out of a can at the supermarket, and the rice was dry and flavorless....We walked out very disappointed and still hungry as we did not finish our food. Stay away!!!

• Visited April 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Deliciouso!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This place has great Mexican home cooking with American flair. It's run by the kids of the original owners, and they are doing a nice job. BTW if you have never had homemade tortillas, you will be in for a treat. Cabo's makes tortillas all day and night, and they are magnificent.They pull them hot off the griddle and serve 'em up. YUM, bring more!! Now I shudder when I have to buy them from the supermarket. I recommend that you go with several people and agree upfront to get several things to share, and be sure to try the specials or something different that you usually don't order. You will not be disappointed. My son, the vegetarian, got the Chilli Rellenos, and absolutely loved it. I got a grilled salmon dish, the special of the day, and it was just lovely - perfectly prepared. My daughter got a traditional Mexican platter with several items, and she enjoyed them very much. Their homemade pinto beans are just great. They serve several types of salsa. This is the real deal, folks. The place is not huge and it fills up on the weekends, so go early if you can...better yet, go on a weeknight. There is a coupon in the Citipass book, so if you are at all hesitant, use that coupon. But trust me, you'll like it, if it was anything at all like our experience! !Que bueno!

• Visited October 2012