“Awesome little mexican/latin american restaurant”

Cabo's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #346 of 2,376 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Mexican
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Awesome little mexican/latin american restaurant”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This place was formerly called Salsa's and has since expanded and been renamed Cabo's. It's got to be the best Mexican restaurant in Charlotte

Visited September 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Horrible!!!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Ate lunch at Cabo's today with my wife and there will be no return trip. The food was bland in general and lacking taste. We each had a lunch combo (enchiladas, tacos) with ground beef. The meat had absolutely no flavor, the sauce tasted like it came out of a can at the supermarket, and the rice was dry and flavorless....We walked out very disappointed and still hungry as we did not finish our food. Stay away!!!

• Visited April 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Deliciouso!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This place has great Mexican home cooking with American flair. It's run by the kids of the original owners, and they are doing a nice job. BTW if you have never had homemade tortillas, you will be in for a treat. Cabo's makes tortillas all day and night, and they are magnificent.They pull them hot off the griddle and serve 'em up. YUM, bring more!! Now I shudder when I have to buy them from the supermarket. I recommend that you go with several people and agree upfront to get several things to share, and be sure to try the specials or something different that you usually don't order. You will not be disappointed. My son, the vegetarian, got the Chilli Rellenos, and absolutely loved it. I got a grilled salmon dish, the special of the day, and it was just lovely - perfectly prepared. My daughter got a traditional Mexican platter with several items, and she enjoyed them very much. Their homemade pinto beans are just great. They serve several types of salsa. This is the real deal, folks. The place is not huge and it fills up on the weekends, so go early if you can...better yet, go on a weeknight. There is a coupon in the Citipass book, so if you are at all hesitant, use that coupon. But trust me, you'll like it, if it was anything at all like our experience! !Que bueno!

• Visited October 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best mexican/latin cuisine/margaritas! Hidden gem.”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We first went to Cabo's because we lived within walking distance. We now live about 20 minutes away and we still go to Cabo's. They have authentic fresh food, friendly prompt servers, amazing margaritas and great prices. Their queso is awesome and chips and salsa is addicting. They are located at the end corner of the shopping plaza with Party City and Fresh Market at the corner of Carmel and Pineville-Matthews Rd. They also have 2 separate outdoor seating areas, one for smoking and one for non-smoking. They also do a Sunday Brunch which is reasonably priced. LOVE Cabo's, I am wanting to go and order their California Burrito right now!! I've ordered a variety of different dishes and you really can't go wrong. Everything is really good.

• Visited January 2013