“Great Food, Service & ATMOSPHERE”
Review of Room 112

Room 112
Ranked #217 of 2,565 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We found it through the foreboding side entrance, walked in and were immediately impressed by the lighting and ambiance. Small and cozy, romantic, with good music and a decent, conversational volume, impressive from the welcoming staff, to the dinnerware and lighting, and then, the excellent food and great prices.
Beautiful Sushi, nicely presented, by two guys who were watching sports in between making orders. It was very comfortable/casual, and had none of the "stuffy, overdone" feeling we got at every place we considered at the Epicenter. We felt right at home, and when we were finished with dinner, the chefs sent out an orange, decorated to look like a happy... something (LOL) because we were celebrating a birthday. Nice gesture, perfect touch. We left through the "front door" that we hadn't found coming in, and found ourselves impressed by the Park (Garden with Waterfall) just outside... it was a nice surprise and great ending to our birthday adventure. We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I just went to Room 112 this past weekend and we loved it. We made a reservation but we were one of two tables when we got there which was nice. The place was busier when we left but for a Saturday it was quiet. Maybe because there were all kinds of things going on at the Stadiums that day and it was early.
The food was really really good.... We got several rolls but our favorites were the Pink Floyd and the 112.... We each had a glass of wine too. The servers were very nice and our food was well presented.
I'm not sure how long this place has been in Charlotte but I will be there again. It is a little hidden so if you're just driving by Tryon you won't see it.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a great little spot so small I almost missed it. I opted for the dish my server recommended which was also a specialty. The Hano Black Pepper Steak which was prepared with tender slices of steak, veggies, and a delicious black pepper sauce. This place also knows how to prepare salmon. The Teriyaki salmon was excellent. If you do not like sweet dishs, stay away from the mango chicken. The atmosphere was quaint are romantic yet cozy enough to accommodate families and a small group of friends. I will definitely visit again when I am in the area.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I have been to Room 112 a handful of times in the past month and have enjoyed it every single time. The Sesame Chicken is delicious and comes in pretty big portion for both lunch and dinner. The Pad Thai was also good but not the best in town.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I've eaten here several times. Good place to get in and out, fair pricing and good service. It's usually been pretty decent but today for lunch I had the sashimi sampler and within 15 minutes had to run to the bathroom. Going forward, I will be visiting other options uptown Charlotte.