“Great place, great food...service?”
Review of Room 112

Room 112
Ranked #264 of 2,439 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I love sushi. Let me revise that statement, I love good, quality sushi. I loved the sushi at Room 112. The fish was fresh and flavorful. The rolls were tight, well prepared and delicious. One in our group was not a sushi fan and ordered one of the items off the quite expansive and varied menu of Asian dishes from numerous Asian cultures. She ooh'ed and ah'ed over her dinner when it arrived, so I will report second hand that their non-sushi dishes are tasty as well. With all of that enjoyment going on, the bummer at this place was the service. The entire time we were at Room 112, there was no big crowd, no rush of people, but the service was not up to even our small group of 7. They covered well the basics of taking our orders, delivering our drinks and food dishes, but absolutely missing was the next level of service that involves refilling drinks, explaining to us which bottle contained the regular versus the low salt soy sauce and checking in to make sure we had no further questions or needs. Too bad, because this could be a great place.
The store itself is small but very clean, attractive and well appointed. The menu is extensive and the food is great. We may have visited on an "off" night, but the service we received was just so-so.