“Unique, Eclectic Mexican Food”
Review of Maverick Rock Taco - CLOSED

Maverick Rock Taco
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Maverick Rock Taco is an all-American bar serving your favorite Mexican style cuisine with a rock 'n' roll atmosphere. Located on Montford Drive in Charlotte, Maverick Rock Taco is a celebration of legendary rock 'n' roll greats and live music combined with great food! Vintage decor, weathered reclaimed furnishings and murals of rock 'n' roll legends are featured throughout the main dining area. An entire wall dedicated to the American Flag makes this Xenia Hospitality concept truly unique and nostalgic. A large, spacious patio is perfect for enjoying Charlotte's beautiful weather!
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Unique, Eclectic Mexican Food”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My wife and I went for lunch, interesting and unique flavors of tacos among other dishes we will have to go back and try. I had Tequila shrimp with guacamole, and the Texan which was brisket and mustard slaw. She had fried avocado taco and korean beef and all 4 tacos were excellent, you can mix and match.

Place was recommended by several friends including some who are from Mexico, whom I asked what they thought was best place in Charlotte.

Lots of TVs, cool place to hang out and drink a beer, outdoor patio. Montford has a couple of good bars and restaurants, so good area in general. Friendly wait staff.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jim S

“Good Tacos; Too Noisy”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Went for a late-afternoon lunch. Unusual taco menu. Decided to try two different flour tacos; the steak with pico salsa and the greek lamb with tzatziki Both were excellent. Table service came with unlimited amount of average-tasting chips but only one free small dish of salsa. Additional salsa was $2 per dish which I thought was kind of a cheap way to increase the bill. Have never seen that in any Mexican restaurant anywhere in the states. That would be the same as a burger place charging extra for ketchup and mustard. Service was good but since they seated us in the bar area the noise was unbearable; especially with the TV's cranked up. Could hardly hear each other across the table. Food was good enough to return but only if we can be seated in the back of the restaurant away from the bar noise.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ronk1000
Chicago
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Solid Selection”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Very good selection of tacos and other food, you'll find something for everyone. The korean tacos were good, not too spicy. Also, try the fries.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Kkelly02
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Mojo Marinated Pork Tacos!!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Crispy Hot Chips ... Flavorful Salsa ... Iced Cold Sweet Tea and TO DIE FOR Mojo marinated pork tacos with sweet habanero glaze and crispy onion strings!!! My newest favorite TACO SPOT!!! <3 Love the outside patio at night! This place has a unique menu with super fresh toppings and combinations to make a perfect taco that will keep you coming back for more! My dining friend while eating here ate the corn on the cob "Mexican Street Corn" with the special sauce all over it and loved it! I'm going to try that next time I go as my side! The Spicy Lime Cilantro fries are also really good! Come check this place out!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Bluestride88
“i'll be back”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is the kind of place that makes me excited for my return trips. There are so many things on the menu I'd like to try, from the appealing appetizers to their many creative tacos to the inventive side dishes. This visit, I tried the chicken tinga taco and the fried avocado taco. While the chicken tinga was good, nay, excellent, the fried avocado was a revelation--crispy and crunchy yet creamy and soft, I could've eaten four or five. Even better than one of the best tacos I've ever eaten was the Mexican street corn I got on the side. Sweet corn was smothered in the most amazing spicy crema concoction--the mess all over my face didn't slow down my gnawing in the least. I did order a cocktail, and though I'm seeing lots of negative comments about their drinks, I have no complaints. I liked the atmosphere, service was fine, and the prices are right.

• Visited July 2013