“Our business friends from Italy & France loved it too !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bernardin's

Bernardin's
Reserve with OpenTable
Bernardin's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 2,340 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Charlotte
“Our business friends from Italy & France loved it too !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had dinner for four in April at this very nice restaurant. Parking was easy as they validate the ticket from the garage next door. The atmosphere was nice, we were warmly greeted and brought to our table. All the food from appetizer, main course to desert was fantastic and we would venture out to say that Bernadin's delivers a great value for your money. The wait staff was very friendly and knew what they were talking about. Our friends from Italy and France were equally impressed with this fine eatery in the heart of Charlotte. We had another great evening at Bernardin's.

• Visited April 2013

Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Not worth the effort - or the money.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I ate here recently -- and came away disappointed with the food, although I have to say the wait staff were excellent. My wife's starter was french onion soup which was pretty good. My so-called crab cakes were short on crab, and long on filler and what seemed to be salmon. Not a good start. My wife then went for the day's special -- chilean sea bass with a miso crust on a bed of vegetables. It was a mess. The fish consisted of two thin pieces that appeared to have beeb fried. She struggled through one piece and then gave up. I had the pepper crusted filet mignon -- it was nicely cooked to my medium rare order, but unfortunately it was totally tasteless. Mashed potatoes were on the cool side. Passing on dessert, we ordered two double decaf espressos, only be told they did not do espresso! Fortunately, we found a local Starbucks! Definitely a one-off experience for us.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Charleston, South Carolina
“Awesome Ahi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I met a longtime friend for lunch at what she said was her favorite restaurant in Charlotte. My Ahi Tuna sandwich with a chioce of a side was excellent and she likewise enjoyed her pasta dish. The decor was very nice and the service was very good. I look forward to going back.

• Visited March 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“They cover all the bases”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Bernardin's is a good solid fine dinning location. You can expect to get a quality dish and great service. There isn't a lot of local flare here as you wouldn't know if you were sitting in Charlotte NC or Denver CO. The atmosphere is on the aged 1900s exposed brick motif and floors are wooden but you feel lost as if Bernardin's isn't Charlotte cuisine but it's just cuisine. I was hoping for more of a southern fusion, but given my disappointment I would certainly suggest this restaurant as they meet all the requirements you are looking for in fine dinning.

• Visited October 2012
Massanutten, Virginia, United States
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

A very good martini, beautiful watercress & blue cheese salad and really enjoyed the special catch of the day, a mild and flakey wreckfish. Best cuisine I've had in a long time! Several tables of single men dining alone caught my eye

Visited January 2013