“A great option for sushi in Charlotte”

AZN Azian Cuizine - Charlotte
Ranked #500 of 2,456 Restaurants in Charlotte
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: AZN Azian Cuizine Charlotte is conveniently located in SouthPark’s Piedmont Town Center. The two-level restaurant features a large 55-seat outdoor patio, an indoor/outdoor open air conversation bar, and an intimate sushi bar. AZN Azian Cuizine Charlotte offers upscale Pan Asian cuisines featuring steak, seafood, with sushi, wine and spirits, and brings the true spirit of the Orient to your table with genuine Asian flavors from Japan, China, Szechuan, Thailand and Korea.
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Charlotte has something like eight (8) sushi restaurants within one square mile, but I would put Azian at the top of my list. The interior is serene and beautiful, with interesting tile work, cozy booths, tables and a sushi bar of perhaps 10 seats. Sushi is delicious and they offer $12.95 Bento boxes for lunch that are a great deal. I've been twice now for lunch and want to spread the word about this place. It's located in Piedmont Row, which is not a busy area, and I don't want people to not know about it!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had the Kamikaze roll as an appetizer and it was wonderful. Our main courses were well prepared and excellent. The service couldn't have been better.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We enjoyed the ambiance, food and service. The decor is very attractive. The noise level low and the food is great. I couldn't ask for more.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We've eaten here a few times now, and have enjoyed our meal each time. The menu is Pacific Rim Fusion, mostly seafood, a solid sushi/sashimi selection, plus veggy & noodle items. on a recent visit our table had mains of 1, Chilean Sea Bass-with miso/saki marinade, & a misiyaki glace/red beer vinaigrette. 2, Thai red curry jumbo shrimp in a coconut reduction with lemon grass, cilantro, bell peppers, ginger, garlic, carrots, onions & lime. Both of these dishes cooked to perfection with fish moist & flakey, shrimp also moist & very tender but firm. Appetizers included pan-seared crab cakes in a pomegranate/plum sauce, pork dumplings with soy ginger sauce, and Red Dragon Shrimp-crisp fried with spicy dragon sauce & lime aioli. This is a nice room for conversation when full-not easy to do. Wine selection is nice, plus a good saki list. The service here is attentive, very helpful, & not overbearing. A great place for a group to share different items.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Read my full review here: http://offtheeatenpathblog.com/2013/06/20/azn/

We got an order of spicy edamame to start with, and each got something different for an entrée. I like AZN because they do have an extensive sushi menu, so I order sushi (and usually edmame, spring rolls or potstickers to go along with) but they also have an extensive menu of non fish, asian inspired entrees, which is great. This particular evening, my friends settled on Thai inspired dishes, and I decided to go a little out of the box and get something other than my go to spicy tuna roll (my typical order at a sushi restaurant) and got the firecracker roll (spicy tuna, tempura flakes, krab, spicy mayo, avocado and a jalapeno), recommended by our waitress.

We laughed and chatted and our edamame was out in no time. It was delicious, and the seasoning gave it a good kick, but unfortunately, it was a bit too oily for me. My sushi roll was excellent, and I was quite pleased that I went along with our waitress' recommendation.