“We will never be back”

The Peculiar Rabbit
Ranked #252 of 2,354 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, International
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
“We will never be back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I will start off by saying the food was good and it is too bad that awful management and staff work there. With the level of customer service, or lack there off, we will never go back. I am disgusted with the bar staff, one thin man in particular, and that is he allowed to represent a decent restaurant. After a beer glass' bottom fell out from underneath while it was being held, 2 server came to help, andacknowledged it was not the first time that has happened. then, the bartender came over firmly tapped the replacement beer/glass on the table and made a very unnecessary comment implying we were at fault. When the manager came over, there was an insincere apology, no embarrassment he had a jerk working for him, and did not take care of the situation at all. In all my years of management, I would never not care someone, first had a full beer spilled, and that my staff was unprofessional. We all said we will never return, and I will share with anyone I can how awful that was and to also not give an establishment like that money.

2 Thank mgmt101

“Refreshingly upscale and food to match”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Went mid-day brunch to avoid the 'poppin' Saturday night vibe as was my first visit and I wanted to see what the kitchen turns out when they are slow. The menu is interesting and original; the food is the same. Presentation is beautiful. Taste is delicious. Maybe a little salt in the grits. Wait staff is friendly and efficient I almost went back that same night as I enjoyed it that much

Indian Land, South Carolina
“Awesome patio, great beer, and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Used a groupon with another couple and had a great time on the patio with uptown in the background. Location is slightly off the beaten path, but worth the trip up. Sampled the lobster Mac and cheese, 2 thumbs up. Fish and chips was very good, I had the ribs and enjoyed them.

Visited September 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Just ok....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

First time there with a lot of recommendations for friends and family The food was just ok I had the tomato stack salad and the mussels and never were all that great very average... Have heard that all their meat dishes are wonderful though so I will give it another chance.. Love the rooftop dining area ..the neighborhood is very happening area which is great to see...

1 Thank silversjh
Charlotte, North Carolina
“excellent unusual fair”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our first time going to the Peculiar Rabbit on a recommendation of a family member. We used a groupon that was very helpful as the menu pricing is slightly higher than we like to pay when taking our entire family of 4, two boys 18 and 15. The menu was quite unusual to our typical American cuisine we eat when going out. We had the asian wing and ox tail fries, both were delicous and loved loved the cole slaw that came with the wings and the fries were to die for. The kids had the fish and chips and enjoyed that. My husband ordered the ribs, the meat fell off the bones and was very tasty. I ordered the steam, which was cooked to perfection and was very good also. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013