“Just ok....”

The Peculiar Rabbit
Ranked #252 of 2,354 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, International
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Just ok....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

First time there with a lot of recommendations for friends and family The food was just ok I had the tomato stack salad and the mussels and never were all that great very average... Have heard that all their meat dishes are wonderful though so I will give it another chance.. Love the rooftop dining area ..the neighborhood is very happening area which is great to see...

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank silversjh

“excellent unusual fair”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our first time going to the Peculiar Rabbit on a recommendation of a family member. We used a groupon that was very helpful as the menu pricing is slightly higher than we like to pay when taking our entire family of 4, two boys 18 and 15. The menu was quite unusual to our typical American cuisine we eat when going out. We had the asian wing and ox tail fries, both were delicous and loved loved the cole slaw that came with the wings and the fries were to die for. The kids had the fish and chips and enjoyed that. My husband ordered the ribs, the meat fell off the bones and was very tasty. I ordered the steam, which was cooked to perfection and was very good also. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
jcard33
“Really not that good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

great view, decnet beer selection but the food is less than average. The pirce is high for what you get.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank jcard33
Atlanta, Georgia
“Happy with it, just not impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

It's all in the title. I think the place is good and I think they'll do we'll. I also believe that there are better restaurant around it. It's definitely a good place to try but I can't recommend anything. I have been there a few times and each time is good. I was disappointed in the mimosa I received on The Sunday I went. Tasted so much like processed orange juice, I didn't want to finish it. The food was good and the service was good. So if you're looking for somewhere to hang with some friends it's a good choice. I do think the prices are a bit too high though but they're in the fancy new(ish) building in the neighborhood so i guess its warranted.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank wanderlustjourney
“Local Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

What a great local restaurant. An ever changing menu that is always inovative and exciting. Service is always top shelf and cant beat the atmosphere.

Our favorite local place to eat

• Visited August 2013