“Whenever we're in Charlotte, Heist WILL be on the itinerary!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Heist Brewery

Heist Brewery
Ranked #64 of 2,354 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
blountville, tn
“Whenever we're in Charlotte, Heist WILL be on the itinerary!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

My fiance and I stopped into Heist while on a business trip to Charlotte for dinner and beer tasting. We are homebrewers and big fans of craft breweries and were delighted to find several while in town. We were seated outside, and there was a band inside, so it was a busy night. Despite that, the service was excellent. Initially we were seated near a table where folks were smoking, but our busy waitress was happy to move us away from the smoke (c'mon kids! smoking kills!) First off, the beer was excellent. The Father Bob is a beer that I could drink every day! The menu featured quite a variety of food, and there were several non-meat options. The small plate format was perfect for sampling a variety of dishes. The BBQ eggplant and the tofu steak were the best of a long list of wonderful dishes. For dessert the banana eggrolls are a must. We enjoyed our first night so much, that we came back the second night. Our same wonderful waitress even brought the brewer to our table for a chat! We're already planning another trip to Charlotte, and Heist is high on our pub crawl list!

• Visited June 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food and craft beers worth the stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Unlike another reviewer, I am enjoying their tasting portions. Just me dropping in, I do not want a huge plate that I won't finish and my friends enjoy getting multiple plates and sharing. To me, this is more conducive to people at the table joining in conversation instead of everyone staring down at their phone and texting/twitting/ignoring everyone else. Triva & Whiskey Wednesdays are great and the brunch on Sunday mornings is fantastic.

• Visited May 2014
“Great atmosphere ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Sat outside and the noise level was very accommodating to conversation. Flights taste met the description and were very generous. The food quality was good and the tasting sizes were perfect. Each of the tastings were delivered at the pace of the good type. The farm to bubble salad and humus were served quickly. The crab cakes and scallops took a while, but were delicious. Service was low key and never felt rushed, even though it was a beautiful Friday night.

Seattle, Washington
“Above average beer and atmosphere; Below average food and $$$”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

I've heard a lot about Heist so was excited to check it out - the building and atmosphere were great, as was the staff. We enjoyed the beers, but I think it's too much to pay $5-$5.50 for a beer at the brewery.

I was more disappointed in the food though - not a fan of the new tasting menu. The portions are too small and it's expensive when you order enough plates to create a dinner. Bring back the traditional menu!

• Visited May 2014
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Great food and beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We decided to come here on an afternoon and we had great service, food and of course their beer is amazing!! We will definitely be coming back and trying their dinner menu.

• Visited April 2014