“Great beer,great atmosphere,fantastic food.will be returning”
Review of Heist Brewery

Heist Brewery
Ranked #43 of 2,448 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Had the brewmaster burger,my wife had the salmon salad,we started with the pretzels and cheese app.had a hefewiezen and a beer flight. Could not have been better.service was spot on. Nice job heist brewery

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We went last night...before heading to Evening Muse for open mike. The beer was served in 20 oz "keep the mugs" and was hoppy ans delish (says those who drank). I had their brewed rootbeer which was excellent...they also make black cherry, cream soda and orange cream.

We selected 3 dishes to share...all finger food...all were unique and wonderful. We did the bubbly beer cheese served with hot, soft homemade pretzel sticks...the lamb tomahawk chops with yukon gold potato puree and a dab of blueberry mustard...yummmmm...and the jerk chicken flatbread pizza...crispy, well herbed and tasty.

Loved it....can't wait to return.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

As a foodie, a person that appreciates great food, this place ranks in the top 10 restaurants in Charlotte. Atmosphere is great, good service, and unbelievable creations by the chef.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

On business travel to Charlotte last week, I rented a car from Hertz that had the newer GPS for the NeverLost system. It asked me if I wanted to explore Charlotte. Playing around, I said yes - explore dining. The second item down on the list displayed was Heist. I am a sucker for microbreweries, so I decided to try it. Wow on the food! Sitting at the bar, Steve the bartender talked me into trying the Forked Up Tuna (yep, a play on words and a great visual display) and the Pipe Smoked Salmon. While waiting for the food, I had the Pale Ale and the I2PA. Both beers were good, the I2PA is a better choice.

The tuna was good, the salmon was way beyond good, maybe the best salmon dish I have ever eaten. Simply outstanding! Followed that with desert, which was the bananas foster wraps, and these were also outstanding. Steve was great, and I highly recommend checking this place out.

Thank Mr.Fishy
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I went to Heist on Friday night (1/11/13). We had been wanting to try it out for awhile. It's a nice place with a lot of atmosphere.

Positives: I enjoyed the Nut Brown, the Porter and the Stout beers (I tried a beer flight and didn't care for the Peach Hefeweizen, though). The beer was reasonably-priced (I believe it was $4.50 a pint).

Our server was very good and attentive.

Cons: The food was the issue for me. I can't say most of what we ordered was ice cold, but it definitely wasn't warm. We ordered a chicken and waffles app. and it was lukewarm at best. Good flavor (a nice mix of sweet and savory), just would have liked it to be a little warmer. The same was true for the wings we ordered. Good flavor, cooked well, but not warm when they hit the table. The exception was the flatbread pizza with Pimento Cheese. It was VERY flavorful and fresh out of the oven (yes, finally!).

The food was a little pricey as well. The chicken & waffles app. was $9, as were the wings, and the flatbread pizza was $12. That's a dollar or two over what I feel would be a fair price for each of the dishes we ordered.

We got there later in the evening (around 10 pm), so maybe we'd have had better luck if we'd have arrived during the dinner rush. I'll give it another shot, but it definitely wasn't all that I had hoped for on the first visit.

1  Thank TripleD07