“Big bird watching.” 3 of 5 bubbles

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Big bird watching.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Good spot to watch planes though a little far from the terminal action. Cheesy reputation unfortunately.

Visited November 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've lived in Charlotte for 12 years, & it wasn't until a friend of mine was visiting from Baltimore that we "happened" upon the airport overlook. What a neat area! We brought a bottle of wine (even though drinking is prohibited), we stayed in the car with it & weren't obvious. We packed fruit & snacks & had a little picnic. There are picnic tables & benches & parking spaces as if you're at a drive-in movie. It was quite crowded, & such a nice thing to do on a warm evening. I was pleasantly surprised.

Visited February 2013
Kingswinford, United Kingdom
155 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 257 helpful votes
“Seen a lot Airports and this one excels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Over the past twenty years of world travel I have witness endless airports in endless countries, I have walked miles to connect, slept in the most uncomfortable seats, froze, over heated and been almost bored to death, I've checked in and then back out again in Frankfurt to prevent starvation and spent endless hours connecting in Toronto, but never had an issue in Douglas.

My connections have worked without too much hassle apart from the TSA who seem far more accommodating in other parts of the USA? Having said that our last two journeys through have been almost pleasant lol, perhaps it's due to our passports being coloured in with Charlotte stamps?

The airport is airy, spotlessly clean, has soft music playing and bright, the people are pleasant and you can almost connect anywhere from here, what more could you ask for.

Visited May 2013
Miami, Florida
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Bummer of a Connecting Airport”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Having had several very positive experiences at Charlotte Airport on layovers in the past (the ease, the uncrowded nature, foods, shops, etc.), I chose Charlotte Airport for my connecting flight to Mexico in April, 2013.

I do carry-on luggage only, no checked baggage. My flight dropped me off at the end of Gate C and upon reading the Departures status, found out the flight to Mexico was taking off from the end of Gate D. I love to walk and am fit, so maneuvering around airports has not been a problem. The connection was tight and Charlotte Airport's horizontal walkways were not working, meaning I had to walk with my stuff approximately 60 gates with no help of the walkways. It set a negative, worn-out, vibe for the rest of my trip. In fact, for my return flight, I dreaded coming back to Charlotte Airport so much, I paid extra for a non-stop to get back home...it was that bad. I would not recommend this airport for anyone who has limited mobility. It was so crowded that if a person could not walk, it would be very hard for them to even ask for help. I will not be returning.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Susan_Powers_2004
Charlotte, North Carolina
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Night time is very cool, too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We visited during the evening and it's equally cool as the day time. Unfortunately arrivals were on a different runway.
NOTE: If you go during the night please be courteous to visitors by driving very carefully and slow. There's very little if any lighting and many people walking around.
Thanks!