“Horrible traffic management, long lines and overpriced refreshments”
Review of PNC Music Pavilion

PNC Music Pavilion
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Went to see the Def Leopard/KISS concert. The performers were great, the venue is nice and the restrooms are clean.
However, this venue has many issues.
-We left our hotel 90 minutes in advance and did not make it to our seats until about 45 minutes into the show. Traffic "management" was either non-exsistent or noneffective.
-Once we finally made it to the venue, we parked in handicap parking..... A gravel lot located far for from the entrance, followed by many, many stairs.
-The parking was free, but bring large amounts of cash if you want any refreshments.$11-13 for a 24 oz. can of beer. $5 for a bottle of water.
-Tried to go to the restroom during intermission....forget that. There were at least 200 people in line for the bathroom facility and each of the port-a-potties were had lines about 30 people deep.
-The sound was great for Def Leopard, but when KISS performed, the sound was muffled and distorted.
It was still an overall enjoyable experience, just very frustrating getting there and navigating the venue on crutches.

If you go, leave well in advance. I understand funneling thousands of people into a venue takes time and patience, but this was by far the poorest traffic management I have ever seen at a place that frequently hosts large crowds.

2  Thank Kimberly S
in 6 reviews
"great seats"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Heading back to the ampitheater is always a treat for me. I have loved this venue since moving to Charlotte back in 1998. Other then getting in and out of the lot which depending on day and time can be rather difficult I have always had great experiences once inside.
Staff is usually friendly
music is always good
drinks flow easily (even if they are rather expensive)

So if you have a chance to see a show at what is now the PNC Music Pavilion I definitely recommend checking it out..

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I had a GREAT time in this well maintained place. Ladies, the restrooms were very clean and no lines!! Do be warned though,the food and drinks are pricey.
Free parking.

2  Thank Christina T
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I went to the PNC Music Pavilion last night to see KISS & Def Leppard. This was my first visit to this venue. I do miss the old Charlotte Coliseum that was on Tyvola Road as you didn't have to worry about rain, port-a-potties, etc.

We were in section 7 so we were somewhat under the roof and as luck would have it, it rained yesterday off and on. There were plenty of people tailgating in the parking lot before the concert and you were able to bring in one unopened water and a gallon-size bag of snacks if you wished. Prices for the various vendors were expensive, a bag of popcorn was around $7-$8, beer was $13 a can, etc. but I didn't purchase any of those items so it wasn't anything I worried about.

They charge you parking in your ticket fees so no matter how many people carpool with you, you all pay to park essentially. They have screens for you to view the bands if your seat is not the best. Security checks were done every time you left the amplitheater and wanted to come back in. First when you first entered the venue, again when you were at the opening to go to the venue, and again, at each seat section.

There were plenty of port-a-potties, but of course they were not in great condition after 19,000 people showed up.

Parking was done in a field, so no asphalt to walk on, only grass and gravel. We were directed where to park, which was nice. Leaving the venue afterwards was a bit tricky since lighting wasn't the best and they only had markers that said "A, B, C" in the various parking areas. In other words, if you parked in lot B, you best know which part of it you parked in as you would be searching for awhile to find your car.

3  Thank WishingIWasTraveling
See more reviews
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is a very nice outdoor venue with sections that are covered and uncovered, so if you are a great dancer you have the choice of dancing on the lawn!. You can bring your own chairs{ not higher than 9 inches} or renting one there. The food and drink there are overflowing, I don't know about the prices, I did not buy any. You can bring a backpack,However they will check it, I brought in 2 waters and some snacks for us.We were in section 5 and had great seats. Plan on having a great time, singing the night away and hoping your body can keep up with your feet! You will have a wonderful time there, believe me!

2  Thank thegrayhair