“Solid in all areas”

Rooster's Wood Fired Kitchen II
Reserve with OpenTable
Rooster's Wood Fired Kitchen II is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 2,565 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Corner of 5th and College
Transit: One block north from Light Rail Transit Station stop.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Good food and a solid staff make a needed dinner welcome. Roosters will satisfy you with an above average menu.

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Our son lives in Charlotte, we visited to spend my birthday with him and he made the reservation. With his roommate, there were four of us.

Honestly, I think he picked this restaurant for proximity to his house, along with dietary restrictions of a gluten free diner and a heart healthy diner.

The parking garage of the Bank of America building is attaced so we had ample space and a short walk. We were greeted and seated right away (Tuesday night) but there was a great crowd. The restaurant is beutiful and eclectic in its decor. Roosters abound.

Our server, Drew, was engaging, efficient and wonderful! They have a full gluten free menu so no one felt left out.

We had cocktails while reviewing our choices. We ordered the entrees (scallops, BBQ Chicken breast, duck medalions and the steak). In addition, we selected the family size sides of au gratin potatoes, fried corn, peas and green beans (haricots verts).

Everything arrived perfectly in time, cooked as requested and was perfectly delicious! We left nothing on our plates and were presented a complimentary birthday dessert. As I'm gluten free, I delivered the choice to the table. They selected a caramel cake with coffee ice cream which arrived with a candle & best wishes from the restaurant (without the mortifying birthday song!).

I blew out the candle and the beautiful dessert was demolished by the 3 of them. Apparently it was as good as it looked.

All things considered it was a lovely meal with an incredibly warm, relaxing and eclectic ambiance. The service was impeccable and the food superb.

Thanks for a great experince and we'll be back next time we're in Charlotte!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had high expectations for Rooster's. Walking by, you get the undeniable smell of the wood fired food they make here. The smell virtually pulls you into the restaurant itself.

Lunch however was just average. Granted we dined on a busy day during the week, and the place was packed with patrons from the locals from corporate uptown...

No complaints about the service. Our server was very attentive and helpful in all regards.

The food just wasn't what I expected. The crispy chicken sandwich was certainly decent - but nothing special. Perhaps I should have gone for a different dish! The skillet fried corn was packed with flavor, but tasted like someone salted it twice over. For dessert, we got a mud pie, and I will say that was very good.

All in all, it seemed average. I will probably return soon to try new menu items. I have confidence Rooster's has something that will impress, I just need to find it!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Another rousing success for Chef Jim Nobles who has been a favorite of mine for over 20 years. My first visit to Roosters but a long time fan of his former High Point restaurant and Winston-Salem's Nobles Grill. I even recall the Greensboro effort fondly. Have also been to King's Kitchen with a fine meal. Every food detail is perfection whether it be the scallops, duck confit, or chicken dishes we shared. Family style vegetables with wonderful taste. A delightful mix of upscale Southern country cooking and gourmet cuisine. Considering the location the prices are really good for the top of the line food and superior preparation. As good as any Charlotte restaurant that I know of.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We went there right before Eric Clapton concert, they served us very quickly and an excellent skirt steak. Nice people, good food, nice design, fast service, it was close to perfect.