“Scotty made this an enjoyable day”

Tour De Food Charlotte
Book In Advance
More Info
$60.00*
and up
Charlotte's Historic South End Food Tour
Ranked #1 of 30 Food & Drink in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: Come eat, drink and walk with us through North Carolina. We offer unique tours to satisfy all palettes. We search out independantly owned restaurants from fine dining to hidden dives the locals frequent. We mix it with local history and amazing architecture. Come explore these delectable culinary scenes and see how friendly true southern character is.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We went on the tour in Charlotte the weekend of the Patriots/Panthers game. The tour itself had many interesting restaurants on it but the main draw was our tour guide Scotty. He was amazing. It was a history lesson/food/wine tour all in one. He told us everything we could want to know about Charlotte. My favorite stops were The Wooden Vine with the owner and chef speaking to us , then the Mimosa Grille and Merts for some soul food. They did add in pure pizza, raw juice, and a few more. We saw areas in Charlotte with the walk that we would have missed and went back to a few places to actually enjoy dinner. Again, tour ok, Scotty the best.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I highly recommend this tour of Charlotte. You get both a great taste of Charlotte along with a tour of the uptown historical highlights. From soul food at Mert's Heart & Soul to fine dining at Mimosa Grill to the Wooden Vine where they have great wine specials. The tour starts at the Charlotte Marketplace, another place worth a visit in itself. Our tour guide, Scottie, was a riot.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife and I went on the NoDa tour. It was great. . Our guide, Lucinda, brought our group salted caramel brownies from Amalies that we ate as she gave us an overview of the tour. We started at the Heist Brewery, where we sampled a couple of good beers and learned about the brewery and brewing process. Each stop was great...some food and/or drink with a story or two about the restaurant or NoDa. It was paced very well. We seemed to be at each location the right amount of time. It was a great way to see and learn about a neighborhood that we might have missed without the tour.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I decided to go on a whim. We wanted to do something different. There are only two stops we enjoyed. They were The Wooden Vine and Mimosa Grill. The tour was a bit lengthy and at 45.00 each you really could just visit each restaurant have an appetizer and a glass of wine and get a feel for what you would like to try. This day and age pretty much we all have a smart phone so if you want to brush up on Charlotte's history the internet is at your finger tips. I'm sorry to say I would not recommend this tour.

2  Thank Angelina1900
Lisa S, Owner at Tour De Food Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Hello and I am sorry you only enjoyed the more formal restaurants. We like to mix in a nice group of finer dining, mom and pop kind of stops, bakeries and market stops to give a good diversity of the Uptown Charlotte area. Most guests enjoy the history that we sprinkle in. Many from out of town and even locals learn some new facts to take home with them and most like that part of the tour compared to other tours that do not include this. . I understand your tour did run a bit longer due to the extra champagne purchased for all the guests at the last stop. Please accept my apologies, but most of your complaints could not have been changed, that is just how our tours are run. Thank you for your feedback though and I do hope you find a tour better to your liking.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We celebrated our 16th anniversary enjoying the metro food tour. Our guide was Megan, she was fantastic gave us fun facts about charlotte and tbe local restaurants we visited. It was a great way to get to know these charlotte gems. If anyone is wondering if you get enough food, we were stuffed by the 3rd stop, so pace yourself and enjoy. We had a great crowd of people with us which made it all the more a fantastic weekend. Thanks to everyone, restaurant staff and especially Megan. We will be back!