“Such a great place!”
Review of 5Church Charlotte

5Church Charlotte
Reserve with OpenTable
5Church Charlotte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #162 of 2,535 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Street and Church Street
Description: 5Church New American cuisine served in a casual yet refined atmosphere. Cutting edge design, stellar service, and world class food by Top Chef Alum Jamie Lynch are all to be expected.
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This place is hot for a reason! The decor is inviting, chic and cool all at the same time. The food presentation is very good. The food itself is solid. The muscles are the best I've ever had. I got the scallops this last time and they were perfect.

What stands out most to me about 5Church is the staff. They are attentive, kind and good at their jobs. Every time I go, I'm blown away by how great I'm treated. 5Chuch is the whole package.

1  Thank Nathan G

Reviewed January 9, 2014

First time to visit after hearing good things from friends....went for lunch before a matinee show and had booked via opentable with my husband,daughter and a good friend.
Menu was very very limited for lunch,I understand the principal of food wasteage etc but would have liked to have seen a few more items on the menu?
I ordered a capaccuino and one for my husband which took about 15 mins to arrive and was cold,I am guessing that nobody had put the machine on upon opening?
My lunch was nice,I had the Lamb Burger which came on its own and was an expensive item sat alone on the plate...a salad and sandwich was had by my guests.....the wait was long and the dining room not busy?
Sadly my biggest concern was the service...we had dirty glasses for water...grubby cutlery...and an overall impression of a what could be a lovely lovely place if some tlc was given to guide the staff on some basic in house training....

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I ate at 5Church after attending the Belk Bowl. We were very early for our reservation so we went upstairs to wait at the bar. The service during the entire experience was very good. The bartenders upstairs were great and very friendly. The wine and beer list was very good. After being seated downstairs, the service continued to be amazing. The food was very good. My wife had the 60 second steak and I had the duck. Both were excellent. This was our second visit to 5Church and we will return.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

This was the 2nd time at 5Church for my husband & me. We weren't blown away the first time but thought we'd give it another try. We brought a friend for brunch on a Saturday morning this time.

Our friend was very happy with his mushroom and Swiss cheese Three Egg Omelette ($8). My husband was thrilled with his Chicken Salad Sandwich ($8), mostly because he asked that arugula be added to the local greens.

Mine was a miss. The Shrimp & Anson Mills Polenta ($14) was incredibly salty. I think the problem was the combo of a heavy-handed chef compounded by really salty bacon. The waitress offered to take it back to the kitchen but by then I had already made a dent and decided to just eat it.

Service was excellent. See my complete review at journeysbyjill.com

Reviewed November 30, 2013

My wife and I were in Charlotte, NC for Thanksgiving and booked dinner at 5Church as they were open. The food choices were limited as one would expect but what we chose was good. We did wish for a piece of pumpkin pie and they did not have that!
The setting is eclectic and very nice. The wine list was good. The server didn't seem to be as attentive as she could have been but overall it was a nice experience.
However, there are so many good choices in Charlotte that we're not sure when we would return here.