Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway
Ranked #47 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

While on a business trip my flight was cancelled and I had to spend the night in Charlotte. I was able to get into the Courtyard and what a pleasant surprise. From the moment I checked in, the staff was extremely helpful and welcoming. Since my flight was cancelled and the airline would not give me my bags, I had no toiletries. The hotels shuttle driver was kind enough to take me to a local CVS to pick up a few things. I can't express how much that meant. Really a wonderful hotel and would stay again if I am ever in the area. Also, the rooms are very well appointed and comfortable.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for providing feeback of your recent visit to the Marriott Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham. We appriceate the opportunity to have you stay with us. Im glad to hear our shuttle drviver was able to get you to CVS for some necessities. Hope you will return for a pleasure visit soon.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I was disappointed with my stay, not so much with the hotel itself, but that it took 45 minutes for the shuttle to arrive at the airport to pick up myself and family. The ride takes less than 8 minutes and I called numerous times only to be told by the front office personal that they were shocked the van wasn't there and it be there immediately.
The hotel itself was typical Courtyard, however it is NOT in the nicest area of town unless you want to walk to massage parlors and gentlemen's clubs.
No restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for providing feedback of your recent visit. Im sorry to hear that you were frustrated by our complimentary shuttle service. I want to personally apologize for your experience.

We do operate two vehicles and typically have positive comments. The past week has been difficult with a lot fo cancelled flights on the north east as well as rainy weather in Charlotte. Our hotel is located about 5 miles from the airport and we dispatch drivers with a Sprint Nextel phone to stay in constant contact with drivers for location updates. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. We are happy to shuttle guests to local area restaurants as we are located at a busy intersection. Our first and foremost priority will be airport transportation.

I appreciate you taking time to share your experience so I may utilize as a training tool with our team. I do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to restore your confidence.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

A one night stay on the road. Staff was very friendly and welcoming, facilities were all excellent (high quality and clean), free wifi worked great, beds were very nice and comfortable (2-queen beds rather than two full size beds, which is very nice), rooms are a bit larger than normal (plenty of room). Location right off I-77 and close to airport was good...several good restaurants in neighborhood. The only thing that would have made our stay better would have been a free breakfast as they had a restaurant inside the hotel and they charged for breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BobH22
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you for providing feedback from your recent visit. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business and hope you will return soon.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

The nicest Courtyard that I have ever stayed in. New, clean, modern. Nicer than the Omni that I stayed in the night before. Close to airport, with free shuttle. Bar/restaurant was also nice. Very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Roadhore

Thank you for the reivew on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your comments and for posting some photos online. I hope you will return soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel had comfortable, spacious rooms equipped with a mini fridge, microwave, and the usual amenities. My king size bed was cozy and the blackout curtains were great.

The one real difficult thing was the paper thin walls. I could hear every word of one of my neighbor's phone conversations, gospel music, and television selections...including her bodily function noises. An elevator was two rooms down on the opposite side of the hall and I could also hear every time it was in use.

The hotel had a cute courtyard with a fireplace, a pool (not that I went there in December) and a sufficient workout room. They sell Starbucks in the lobby in the AM and the bistro bar area was cute, though prices were not listed for the non-Starbucks items. It was a happening place on the weekend evenings. Fortunately, the bar is in a completely separate end of the hotel from the rooms. So that noise is limited to the lobby area.

There isn't anywhere within safe walking distance in the winter however the hotel shuttle will gladly take you down the road within a few miles.

I did have an issue with my key card reader and after 5 up and down trips to the lobby we agreed it was a door issue. Maintenance was sent and it was taken care of immediately.

The front desk agents were mostly young gentlemen who were all very friendly and accommodating.

Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for providing feedback from your recent visit to The Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Billy Graham Parkway. I appreciate your comments as it helps us gauge our service and facilities. Our pricing is listed on the magnetic signage in the Bistro in a couple locations (on the smaller board near the register and the signs above the coffee and food prep area). The paper menu's to which I'm sure you were referring is printed for all Courtyards and does not contain pricing due to geographical market differences.

We will work hard to be your hotel of choice when visiting Charlotte. Hope to see you return soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This location is now a Marriott Courtyard. The hotel is clean, spacious, and modern. The lobby has a lounge and cafe for your food and drink needs. The front desk has a small store for convenience items at a mark up.

The staff was helpful. The WIFI at my time of stay was sometimes spotty. I had to connect using my own hotspot at times.

The rooms are clean and the furnishings while standard and modern are typical for this chain. There is a mini fridge and microwave in each room.

The pool area is kept neat as well as the jacuzzi. There is a nice are with a fireplace outdoors that has seating for outdoor meetings or nightly get-togethers with friends or co-workers.

The walls are a bit thin and you can hear the neighbors TV at times and the air con is a bit loud with its forced air clicking on at night at either a high or medium blast.

This hotel is decent for a stay in this area or necessary for airport use. There is a shuttle for transit to and from the airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for providing feedback from your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. I will share your feedback with our team. Hope to see you return soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Quick trip to Charlotte for a concert at the Time Warner arena. Grabbed a sandwich at the Bistro before we left and it was quick, reasonable, and very good. Shuttle took us to the light rail, a 5 minute drive. Tickets were $8 round trip total for 2 of us. Ride took 15-20 min and we got off in Uptown Charlotte, right in front of the arena! A quick call on the way back and the shuttle met us at the light rail and took us back to the hotel. A beautiful fireplace patio near the lobby--cozy spot for evening cocktails. Stayed on first floor, but was very quiet. Bed was heavenly, bathroom was spotless, and the shower was perfection. Smiling, friendly staff, including housekeeping in the hall the next morning. Price was very reasonable (and much cheaper when booked direct). I'm in love with this hotel! We'll be back with the kids next time to enjoy the pool and Uptown Charlotte.

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor. No complaints.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments from your recent visit to the Marriott Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. Our location is ideal for business and leisure travel. We are 4 miles from the Airport, Uptown, and Southpark areas of Charlotte. We are happy to provide complimentary shuttle service 24 hours a day to the airport, light rail station, or select local restaurants. Im glad to hear you enjoyed you trip and hope you return soon.

Yours in service,