“Another Fine Marriott Experience”

Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway
Ranked #38 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Lexington, Virginia
“Another Fine Marriott Experience”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

A one night stay on the road. Staff was very friendly and welcoming, facilities were all excellent (high quality and clean), free wifi worked great, beds were very nice and comfortable (2-queen beds rather than two full size beds, which is very nice), rooms are a bit larger than normal (plenty of room). Location right off I-77 and close to airport was good...several good restaurants in neighborhood. The only thing that would have made our stay better would have been a free breakfast as they had a restaurant inside the hotel and they charged for breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank BobH22
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback from your recent visit. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business and hope you will return soon.

Randy Rushakoff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The nicest Courtyard that I have ever stayed in. New, clean, modern. Nicer than the Omni that I stayed in the night before. Close to airport, with free shuttle. Bar/restaurant was also nice. Very reasonably priced.

1 Thank Roadhore
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for the reivew on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your comments and for posting some photos online. I hope you will return soon.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel had comfortable, spacious rooms equipped with a mini fridge, microwave, and the usual amenities. My king size bed was cozy and the blackout curtains were great.

The one real difficult thing was the paper thin walls. I could hear every word of one of my neighbor's phone conversations, gospel music, and television selections...including her bodily function noises. An elevator was two rooms down on the opposite side of the hall and I could also hear every time it was in use.

The hotel had a cute courtyard with a fireplace, a pool (not that I went there in December) and a sufficient workout room. They sell Starbucks in the lobby in the AM and the bistro bar area was cute, though prices were not listed for the non-Starbucks items. It was a happening place on the weekend evenings. Fortunately, the bar is in a completely separate end of the hotel from the rooms. So that noise is limited to the lobby area.

There isn't anywhere within safe walking distance in the winter however the hotel shuttle will gladly take you down the road within a few miles.

I did have an issue with my key card reader and after 5 up and down trips to the lobby we agreed it was a door issue. Maintenance was sent and it was taken care of immediately.

The front desk agents were mostly young gentlemen who were all very friendly and accommodating.

Stayed December 2013
Thank you for providing feedback from your recent visit to The Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Billy Graham Parkway. I appreciate your comments as it helps us gauge our service and facilities. Our pricing is listed on the magnetic signage in the Bistro in a couple locations (on the smaller board near the register and the signs above the coffee and food prep area). The paper menu's to which I'm sure you were referring is printed for all Courtyards and does not contain pricing due to geographical market differences.

We will work hard to be your hotel of choice when visiting Charlotte. Hope to see you return soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This location is now a Marriott Courtyard. The hotel is clean, spacious, and modern. The lobby has a lounge and cafe for your food and drink needs. The front desk has a small store for convenience items at a mark up.

The staff was helpful. The WIFI at my time of stay was sometimes spotty. I had to connect using my own hotspot at times.

The rooms are clean and the furnishings while standard and modern are typical for this chain. There is a mini fridge and microwave in each room.

The pool area is kept neat as well as the jacuzzi. There is a nice are with a fireplace outdoors that has seating for outdoor meetings or nightly get-togethers with friends or co-workers.

The walls are a bit thin and you can hear the neighbors TV at times and the air con is a bit loud with its forced air clicking on at night at either a high or medium blast.

This hotel is decent for a stay in this area or necessary for airport use. There is a shuttle for transit to and from the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback from your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. I will share your feedback with our team. Hope to see you return soon.

Upstate, South Carolina
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Quick trip to Charlotte for a concert at the Time Warner arena. Grabbed a sandwich at the Bistro before we left and it was quick, reasonable, and very good. Shuttle took us to the light rail, a 5 minute drive. Tickets were $8 round trip total for 2 of us. Ride took 15-20 min and we got off in Uptown Charlotte, right in front of the arena! A quick call on the way back and the shuttle met us at the light rail and took us back to the hotel. A beautiful fireplace patio near the lobby--cozy spot for evening cocktails. Stayed on first floor, but was very quiet. Bed was heavenly, bathroom was spotless, and the shower was perfection. Smiling, friendly staff, including housekeeping in the hall the next morning. Price was very reasonable (and much cheaper when booked direct). I'm in love with this hotel! We'll be back with the kids next time to enjoy the pool and Uptown Charlotte.

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor. No complaints.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments from your recent visit to the Marriott Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. Our location is ideal for business and leisure travel. We are 4 miles from the Airport, Uptown, and Southpark areas of Charlotte. We are happy to provide complimentary shuttle service 24 hours a day to the airport, light rail station, or select local restaurants. Im glad to hear you enjoyed you trip and hope you return soon.

Yours in service,

Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Billy Graham on Oct 18th-20th and while the hotel itself was lovely, the customer service left much to be desired. In fact, I give the hotel location, decor, amenities etc 4 stores while I give service about 1.5. Let me go into why I found the service so clearly lacking what I expect from the Marriott Brand.

We checked in on Friday about 5pm or so, got to the room and tried to connect to the wi-fi. Not one of our devices worked. Not the laptop, not the ipad, not the iphoe, not the galaxy, not the kindle. We called the front desk and were then asked if WE wanted to call Time Warner Cable. Not sure when I got a job working for Marriott - but the front desk was already putting me to work. We declined to call them, but not more than 5 minutes late the front desk had called back and transferred us to a Time Warner Cable customer service professional. After 30 minutes of trying to troubleshoot with them, they were unable to help.

Now, beside calling down to the front desk an asking for help I contacted Marriott's different social media outlets. Below are the results:

Marriott Facebook - sent a direct message on Friday the 18th. Still no response as of Wed the 23rd.

@Marriott twitter feed - complained via twitter on Friday, they responded on Saturday asking for direct contact information which I provided. No other contact made as of Wed the 23rd.

@MarriottIntl twitter feed - THIS is who you want to contact. Not only was Jan immediately responsive on Friday night but she contacted the hotel TWICE to make sure my issue was eventually solved. She was great about getting it fixed, however it took a full 24 hours from when we contacted the front desk before someone from the hotel actually worked on the issue.

The solution ended up having us move4 rooms since the issue seemed to stem from the "node" on the 6th floor not transmitting. We were given a suite - but having to move rooms just as we were getting ready for a dinner reservation hardly seemed worth the aggravation I suffered by not being about to connect my devices while I was on a business trip. Be wary of the Marriott and check your devices just in case another "node" is out and you need to move rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Sarahonthehill,

Thank you for providing feedback of your experience. I want to personally apologize and am disappointed that we did not respond sooner. I will utilize your feedback as a training tool with my team. We certainly should have been more responsive in getting assistance to resolve the Node issue. Our internet provider has isolated the issue and restored the access point.

We are the hotel designed for and by the business traveler. Poor internet service will not be tolerated. We have 25MB bandwidth service coming into the hotel and the system was running fine in all areas of the hotel except the access point servicing your room and the immediate area nearby.

I wish I had been contacted prior to 5pm on Saturday the 19th. I immediately contacted your husband to apologize, troubleshoot, and assist. Immediate training on how to get service restored and customer service role playing will ensure we improve.

If you are ever back in the area I would like to handle you accommodations personally and restore your confidence in the Marriott brand and my property.

My sincere apologies and with gratitude for your business,

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I travel nearly every week for work, and my current job has me stationed in Charlotte for the last 5 months. I have tried quite a few of the Marriott and SPG properties in the southern suburbs and I keep coming back to this particular Courtyard. It is pretty reliable in what you get. The rooms are clean and updated. The gym is adequate- several treadmills and ellipticals in good working order and some free weights. Staff is polite and friendly, and have been extremely helpful when I needed something- (no soap in my bathroom, card key stopped working, no fridge in room).

However if some management is reading this, I would like to know why housekeeping replaces bar soap every day if I have it in the soap dish, and replaces hanging towels. I thought Courtyard's were supposed to try to be environmentally friendly.

Someone mentioned that there is not anywhere good to eat nearby- actually there are several good restaurants within minutes... Try Azteca for Mexican on Woodlawn, Beef N' Bottle for a good steak around the corner on South Ave (1/2 price wine on Mon and Thurs), Skyland Diner for homestyle on South Ave, or Luna's Living Kitchen if you are in need of healthy organic/vegan detox from all the deliciousnesss mentioned above.

Room Tip: There is a fryer smell from the bar that permeates onto the 2nd floor rooms, so avoid staying there...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Marriott Courtyard Charlotte Billy Graham. Im glad to hear your feedback and appreciate your repeat business. I will absolutely review our housekeeping operation. We do have a linen reuse program in place and should not be removing your hanging towels daily. Thank you for your efforts to help us be more environmentally friendly. We do have many great restaurant options within a couple miles. Our hotel shuttle will be happy to drop you off and pick you up. Some of my personal favorites in the area include Azteca for Mexican, Mckoy's for BBQ, and Olde Meck Brewery. They brew fresh craft beer a mile from the hotel and have some great pretzels! We carry 2-3 types of beers from OMB including the popular Copper and currently the Mecktoberfest seasonal brew.

Thanks for your patronage,