“Best kept secret”

Ranked #33 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Best kept secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

No where else I have stayed where the facilities are great, the staff is friendly, and the price is reasonable! I recommend this hotel for those reasons and then some; such as: great location (easy access to downtown), not to mention it is located right off the freeway for easy access, and newly remodeled hotel. It looks brand new! Very satisfied customer!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bennie W
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. I hope you will return soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Was here for a two night stay that was a mixture of business and sightseeing. The rate per night was excellent, the rooms were typically solid Marriott rooms. Hotel contains a swimming pool, outside firepit and sitting area, ok workout facility for basic stuff, and plenty of parking. It is reasonably close to the airport, right by highway which gets you to downtown Charlotte within 7-8 minutes, so it was in an extremely convenient location. The staff, well I did not have to rely on them too much, but in my few dealings with them they seemed more interested in eating pizza, drinking coffee, or talking to their boyfriends. They do not seem like the most energetic bunch of workers nor did they possess particularly bubbly personalities, but still handled the few basic things in an acceptable manner. There is a bar and restaurant, but I did not eat there. I went to get a basic breakfast biscuit and the price for the sausage and egg biscuit by itself was 10 dollars-ridiculous. I understand that you pay more in retaurant hotels, but this was not even a sit down meal. There are enough other eating options in the area that are reasonably priced and probably better quality food so this was not a big deal for me. I would stay here again only if the rates were still reasonable. I definitely would not pay more than 120 per night for this hotel, but at that rate or less should be considered a bargain.

Room Tip: I booked in advance, but without a consideration to room. However, the numbered rooms 200-213 puts y...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for posting your feedback about our property on Tripadvisor. I appreciate all the feedback received as it allows me to gauge how we are being perceived. I am very proud of the property, we have a lot of great amenities and location. Focusing the team on delivering outstanding guest service consistently is a main priority and we are working to improve. We do offer a value for the traveler who wants to stay near Uptown without the Uptown prices. We are 6 blocks from the ligh trail and will gladly shuttle guests to/from the airport and light rail. Our restaurant concept the Bistro is available for breakfast, dinner and bar service in the evenings. We offer a quick casual menu with many healthy options and we brew Starbucks specialty beverages including Lattes and Expresso's. We will review our pricing model to ensure we are priced appropriately. I would welcome the opportunity to handle your reservations personally and we ill work hard to be your hotel of choice when visiting Charlotte. Sincerely, Randy Rushakoff General Manager.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

On this trip to hotel. The staff was not friendly at all. We were closing a business meeting before getting check in and asked for basic things. Coffee, or even a glass of tea. Not going on well here. A hand is out for everything. The bar area was closed but employees were steady getting drinks and coffee and there were not any out for guests. And the shuttle service, only goes 1-2 miles. When asked could we get a ride that was only 1.9 miles away. We were told no! If you are not going to the airport, do not try to go to a grocery store and restaurant that is over a mile away. We cancelded our reservation and went to anther hotel that did not place a limit on shuttle and service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank WorldTraveler19999
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
I'm disappointed to hear of your experience. We are located about 7 miles from the airport and offer a complimentary shuttle. Our first priority is to take and pickup travelers from the airport. We frequently offer to drive guests within a short area of the hotel as a benefit. This can be challenging at times as we dont want the guests at the airport to have a long wait to be picked up. Our Bistro is open for breakfast and dinner service daily. We offer a fully stocked market for beverages, quick meals, and sundry items 24 hours a day. Our team is happy to brew Starbucks for guests as needed throughout the day when the Bistro is not open. I will share your comments with our team and we will use as a training tool to improve our guest service. Your feedback is very valuable in helping to allocate staffing and resources. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to earn your business. Please contact me if back in the area and I will attend to your reservations personally.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Barry Brady and Darius Chambers are just two of the wonder employees along with other at this hotel that made my visit great. With my travels, it is rare to find a staff like this with all of the customer service skills. My visit here will not be my last and this hotel will be the hotel of choice. Great staff, friendly, and caring of making sure that the customer comes first. Great Job from this hotel staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank WorldTraveler2492
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

older building that has been redone...with a few exceptions, it looks totally new...decent fitness room and a good location central to the metro area with easy downtown and interstate access....staff could use a little work but just nit picky stuff....will be staying here again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank brucedavidb
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel and specifically the service received from Barry and Darius. I will make sure to commend them for a job well done. I am glad you enjoyed your visit. We will work hard to earn your business.

NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I are Marriott rewards members and were happy to see this hotel in an area we go to often. We dropped by Thursday at 2:45 pm to check the hotel out. See if it would work for us. We were told we could NOT see a room because the staff wanted to leave for the day so no one would be able to help us. I explained that we would use the hotel 2-3 times a month if we liked the rooms but she still would not let us take 3 min. to look at a room. oh well, Guess we will just go to one of the hotels across the street.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ginanenenc
I am very disappointed to hear of your interaction with our team. We certainly should have been able to offer a site tour on the spot on a Thursday afternoon. We have completely renovated our hotel, lobby, restaurant/bar, guest rooms and meeting space. It would be my pleasure to personally take you on a tour and show you why we would be a good choice for your business. Please contact me directly at the hotel I would love to assist.

Sincerely

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed. Close proximity to Charlotte convention center. Restaurant on site but a little pricey. No complimentary breakfast which is why I negated one star for value. Very clean and excellent service. Free wifi. Reasonable rate. Would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
Randy R, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport/Billy Graham Parkway, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for posting your review of our property. I will share your comments with our team. Im glad you enjoyed your visit. We are less than 5 miles from the Charlotte Convention Center and will be an affordable option for guests visiting the Uptown Charlotte Area without the Uptown Hotel prices. Our complimentary shuttle service will pick you up at the airport and we transport to the light rail line just six blocks from the hotel. We will work hard to be your hotel of choice when visiting Charlotte.