“More Than I Expected”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 6th and the Light Rail
Transit: Located on the last stop of the Light Rail.
Description: Located in the 7th Street station building. We are at the last stop of the Light rail, entrance on 6th st. We validate parking in our building and are about 100 yards from Time Warner Arena.
KTCL
“More Than I Expected”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Not really sure why this place is rated so low (204) on the Charlotte restaurant list, but decided to give it a try anyway. I was pleasantly surprised with the entire “package”. Seating was prompt and friendly. Service was impeccable (I had my food within 5 minutes of sitting down). An impressive selection of draft beers was available. T had the “big 3” dinner entrée, consisting of pulled port, beef brisket and sausage (a really huge portion) with sides of potato salad and baked beans. The pulled pork and sausage were wonderful, the brisket a tad tough and the sides delicious. All in all more than I expected and a place BBQ lovers really should try.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank be400cpt

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Brits Abroad.... With local family”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We enjoyed two visits here and loved the food and beer. Friendly, quick and efficient service. Good prices..... Loved the atmosphere and the good beer list. Enjoyed it just as much on the 2nd visit with 5 of us. All good!!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Simon C
“Wish I could of ordered a plate of sides!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Went here with a group of four. Pretty popular place on a Friday night. Reasonable selection of draft beers

Ordered the chipotle orange wings to start which were delicious.

I ordered the brisket for main which I found reasonably tough. However, the sides were Amazing! The green bean casserole & potato salad was excellent. Other sides we had were sweet potato fries, baked brand, mac & cheese & corn maque choux were fantastic. I could have had a whole plate of sides!!! The pulled pork was by far the best choice out of all the BBQ options

We enjoyed the experience. We went with two people who have never had "southern" food or BBQ & they thoroughly enjoyed it

• Visited May 2013
Lincoln, NE
“Good BBQ, Great sweet potato fries”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

The pulled pork entree was very good. I didn't care for the BBQ sauces much but the pork was very tender and flavorful and didn't really need anything added to it. The corn side item was spectacular and the sweet potato fries were the best. Our server was quick and super friendly. All in all this was a great lunch experience.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jski529
“Best Carolina BBQ”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Mouth-watering pulled pork sandwich with dill pickle on top, 6 sauces to choose from and delicious sweet potato fries. Loved the sweet tea and the service was incredible. Outdoor seating is casual and indoor seating has warm ambiance with opportunity to catch games. Very reasonable prices.

Visited April 2013