“It is true, it is good BBQ”
Review of Queen City Q

Queen City Q
Ranked #55 of 2,374 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 6th and the Light Rail
Transit: Located on the last stop of the Light Rail.
Description: Located in the 7th Street station building. We are at the last stop of the Light rail, entrance on 6th st. We validate parking in our building and are about 100 yards from Time Warner Arena.
USA
“It is true, it is good BBQ”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I enjoyed my meal at Queen City Q. So did everyone I was with. Between the four of us we sample quite an array of BBQ'd meats. Very tasty, all of it. I recall the pork being especially good but I have a weakness for pork. The chicken was nicely done as well. Tender and juicy and flavorful. Service was excellent and the price was reasonable too. I was with friends but I would easily come back with my kids. Nice easy atmosphere, at least on a weeknight when I was there.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank RDmaker

“Best BBQ in Uptown (some would say Charlotte)”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have been to this restaurant nearing a dozen times. The food has been consistently excellent. We love to take out-of-towers and business contacts here so that we can get some excellent Q. They take reservations which is great for work lunches and will even validate your parking. This would also make a great pit stop before an uptown event.

I have tried to taste my way across the menu. From the pulled pork and brisket to the tuna sandwich ( no longer available :( ) it has been great. I dont have a personal favorite but those who are with me inevitably end up ordering the pulled pork plate. They always attest to the high quality of the pulled pork and that they enjoy tryng the various sauces available. Portions are pretty large so bring your fat pants and be prepared for a food coma.

Charlotte locals are torn between whether Midwood barbecue is better. If you are in uptown though you can't do any better.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank StylianosAlatsis
Morristown NJ USA
“Glad We Went”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Just a few blocks from Westin in "Uptown" district. We were told to try BBQ and found this fun place - cool looking, nice bar, outdoor tables, TV's for watching sports. But the FOOD!! Not a real BBQ expert, but: 1. Great nacho platter w/ pulled pork, chicken, and chips 2. got the Choose 4 plater of pulled pork, ribs, chicken, and brisket. Maybe not gourmet but delicious. Wide craft beer selection. Not expensive. Will be there again if in Charlotte.

• Visited March 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best happy hour in town!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

This place is delicious and their happy hour rocks! During HH, you can get these delicious bbq tacos for 2 bucks a piece! They also have slider/wing specials which my hubby loves... It is not the best bbq in the world but it's yummy with good sauce options and worth a visit!

Darien, Connecticut
“Pretty darn good for a new joint”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

The place is huge and so is the menu. Big bar by the door with the requisite TV monitors hung everywhere. Hey! Can we turn off the tube for 20 minutes and just enjoy a good meal and some conversation???

The pulled pork platter is immense. Don't miss the corn choucroute sides or the fabulous Hushpuppies. The service is friendly and fast... But watch out for the four different BBQ sauces, all vinegar-based with a taste that will give you reflux for hours.