“Best BBQ”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 6th and the Light Rail
Transit: Located on the last stop of the Light Rail.
Description: Located in the 7th Street station building. We are at the last stop of the Light rail, entrance on 6th st. We validate parking in our building and are about 100 yards from Time Warner Arena.
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I'm not from USA so I'm not a BBQ expert but I tried some and by far this is the best placed I tried and really cheap ($$$) for the amount and the quality, the service is really good too

1  Thank David C
There are newer reviews for Queen City Q

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I will have to say that this is not he best barbarque that I have tasted. It was a bit dry. There are several squirt bottles of barbarque on the table but they need to be wiped down in between customers because they were extremely greasy and no one wants to touch that while they are eating. Service was ok. NOthing to brag about.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I met a friend there for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. The decor was "BBQ-ish" and laid back and as soon as I walked in I knew I was in for a treat. I ordered the Brisket... which was ok, but my friend ordered the pulled pork sandwich and it looked amazing - definitely ordering that the next time. The NC BBQ style slaw was great but the potato salad was ok (its hard to get potato salad right). I loved the selection of sauces that were available right on the table and the waitress was great and prompt!! Didn't take forever for the food to arrive either.

I can't give it a 5 because I have visited a certain place in a Kansas City gas station that still makes my mouth water.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

huge portions of food. Shared the Platter with 3 meats. ordered the ribs, pulled pork and sausage. Would definately have to say this is the best BBQ Ive had...Too badf found the Q on the last day or would have come back.. The Mac and Cheese side is also very good.

1  Thank Raidersh8ter
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a BBQ place we found right across the street from our hotel. It was our 2nd choice because the 1st was closed until 9pm :(
The staff at Queen City was friendly but nothing spectacular - it was a slow night (there were only 4 other tables & 3 people at the bar), yet our drinks were empty for a while before we got a refill - the BBQ was good but a little dry - the mac & cheese was phenomenal! Good beer selection. It reminded me of a typical BBQ place with a sports bar thrown in. The place is deceiving...it looks really small from the outside but it is HUGE on the inside & even has patio seating.
It was good, would I go back again? Probably not.