“Reasonable airport choice, especially with two hungry kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Stock Car Cafe

Stock Car Cafe
Ranked #1,488 of 2,351 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tenerife
“Reasonable airport choice, especially with two hungry kids”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Glad we found this place while waiting for an international flight. We tend to stay clear of fast food options as much as we can and we were finding it hard to find any sit down meal options in the airport. We were seated right away and our server was very friendly. My kids thought the Nascar decor was pretty cool and we were also able to charge one of our phones during the meal. My chicken salad hit the spot (not too big, not too small) and my 9 year old devoured the chicken wings and onion rings. My husband enjoyed a pulled pork sandwich and our 3 three old loved her grilled cheese. Beer options were pretty good, too. Never had s problem with service and our waitress checked on us a lot and was very friendly.

• Visited July 2013

“Worst concession in CLT airport.”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Waited 20 minutes for an overpriced, watered down drink. Attempted to talk to management and was allowed to speak to a supervisor who could care less. Staff is apathetic, slow, and epitomize poor customer service. Skip this hole at CLT airport.

• Visited June 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Better tip big or else..”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I ordered one beer and a $6.29 soup and my bill was $18. I tipped $1 because, hello, it was ONE beer and a soup, easy service, and the bartender, Brian, could have given the heads up that it was a $10 beer. Seriously, I've never paid $10 for a beer at the dozens of airports at which I've ordered drinks. He immediately looks at the receipt (bad etiquette in the service world anyway) and says, "Wow, a whole dollar" and proceeds to speak with another waitress and point me out while I return their stares. I should have requested my tab back and crossed the $1 off and written a big fat zero. Look out for this ungrateful bartender. Normally I tip 20%+, but a tip is for good service, not for a bad attitude and poor service.

• Visited May 2013
Hoodsport, Washington
“Hit the spot!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We have eaten here before and enjoyed it. We had another layover at the Charlotte, NC (CLT) airport and this place came to mind from our previous experience. Once again the food was great and consistant from our previous visit. The service was incredible! Our server, Kangni was the best! He was fast and very efficient even though he was tending to several tables, more that I thought he would have had. He was very pleasant.
The atmosphere is cool with lots of Racecar memorbilia and you have the view the the planes coming and going. Great for an airport experience all around.

• Visited October 2012
oxnard
“Great place to eat when you have a layover”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

They have t.v.'s for the sports buff and extra a.c. plugs for re-charging. The menu offers local taste and a wide variety from sandwich to steak with lots of add on's. A full bar where you get a double for 1/2 price. If you like NASCAR then you will spend lots of time walking around and checking out all the collectibles on the ceiling and walls. You also have a view of several gates, so you can watch the planes come and go. Really good food was unexpected pleasure and the service was attentive. I don't know how they do it with all the travelers.

• Visited September 2012