“Dirty and Smelly”

Days Inn Charlotte Northlake
Ranked #159 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The sink had black hairs still in. The "non-smoking" room smelled like smoke. It was obvious the carpets had not been vacuumed in quite some time. If it had not been so late, I would have found another hotel. I was afraid to touch anything!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RDFox
GM_DICLT, General Manager at Days Inn Charlotte Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit to Charlotte,NC.We realize you have many hotels from which to choose when visiting Charlotte,NC and we appreciate your selecting ours. We are sorry that your overall hotel experience was so disappointing. I take pride in giving my guest clean rooms so I take the blame for your disappointing stay here so I am truely sorry.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were on our way to Buffalo, it was 11:00 PM so we decided to stop in Charlotte to rest. The room was filthy and there was a hole in a corner. As soon as I saw this hole, I called the operator. She was annoyed with my call and didn't offer to change rooms or even an apologize. It was too late to change hotels, and we were too tired. This hotel is the worst of the worst, there are so many options around that freeway, no reason to stay there. We stayed may 7th, 2013.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Vanu71

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I always stay at this hotel when I come to Charlotte. The staff has always been very nice to me and put me in rooms that were quite. They have an elevator so this not a problem. The rooms on the 3rd floor are very quite and clean and comfortable. They are the friendliest people in the hotel business. I am staying there again this week. The price is nice and I do get a good night of sleep.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor. The rooms are non-smoking and are cleaner. The rooms are the bottom floor are...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words regarding your recent stay at Days Inn North Lake .We realize you have many hotels from which to choose when visiting Charlotte, NC so we thank you for selecting ours. We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience. We hope to welcome you and your family back in the very near future.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Too much night noise after the bars closed. Could here the hookers negotiate their price outside our door. Room needed a little TLC.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your recent visit to Charlotte,NC.We realize you have many hotels from which to choose when visiting Charlotte,NC and we appreciate your selecting ours. We are sorry that your overall hotel experience was so disappointing.We give 100 percent effort to keep that type of business away from this location.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel is very dated. I would stay at the Super 8 right behind it. This motel faces a noisey highway, and the door does not fit right so you see light and hear noise threw it. There was garbage in the bathroom garbage, sink was dirty and bath tub, toilet stained with cigarette burns. The carpet was never vaccumed. I actually thought we were going to have bed bugs crawl on us.
Please do not stay here, it needs renovations very badly, or needs to be ripped down. The breakfast was horrible in the morning. Bagel, the apple juice was so sweet it killed your teeth.
We left hungry.. If someone has given this hotel a good review, then they have never stayed in a half decent hotel before.

Room Tip: My tip is not to even look at this property
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
GM_DICLT, Manager at Days Inn Charlotte Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Reviewed April 21, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Overall, good value for the money. Cleanliness of the room was not up to standard as there was paper left under the desk from previous occupant. Room was worn and in need of some TLC. Staff was very courteous. Breakfast was a big disappointment, especially for my wife. no milk or bread options - only homogenized and white bread, no fruit, yogurt or bagels.
Ice machine on second floor an inconvenience for guests on 1st floor.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
GM_DICLT, General Manager at Days Inn Charlotte Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit to Charlotte,NC.We realize you have many hotels from which to choose when visiting Charlotte,NC and we appreciate your selecting ours. We are sorry that your overall hotel experience was so disappointing. I will take necessary action to correct issues you experienced.