“Definitely would not choose again”

Days Inn Charlotte Northlake
Ranked #150 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Williamsport, Ohio, United States
“Definitely would not choose again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

BEWARE!! Do not stay at the Days Inn on Sunset Rd in Charlotte, NC. We made it to Charlotte at 2:30 last Sunday morning.(6-24-12) The first hotel we went to only had a room with no ac so we went on down the road.This is where we ended up. My husband paid $130 in cash which he thought was for the rest of Sunday morning & then Sun night. We slept awhile then went to do some things. When we got back to the room Sun night I happened to look at the receipt. It said that it was for Sun night & Mon night. On Mon morning my husband & son went to the office to see what was going on. They said that it was in the system that we only paid $49 and it was for Sun night. When my husband showed her the receipt she took it & didn't give it back (which I would never have let her do). They never did figure it out!! We left and went to another hotel. This hotel has stained carpets and is a nasty place to stay.There is also a prostitute working out of this hotel & the one behind.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Katherine P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

For 50 dollars we got room that was none too clean. (The first thing we had to do was kill a bug on the window sill.) The TV was ancient and the furnishings were spare. The desk clerk, however was helpful.

• Stayed February 2012
GM_DICLT, General Manager at Days Inn Charlotte Northlake, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.Revination is in process, give us a chance again I promise you your stay here would be ddifferent.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 704-598-7712.

Raj Desai
Days Inn Sunset Rd.
Grovetown
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

I travel for business and usually must stop when time dictates. I originally was going to the Super 8 behind this location, but changed my mind upon seeing what looked to be a less than desirable crowd in the parking lot of the Super 8. Check in was friendly but seemed to take an awful long time. My room was acceptable, but old. I walked to the Hardee's across the street, during which time I saw a pizza delivery guy warn a female guest that she was in a bad area and should send a man to the ice machine, and a couple having a verbal altercation in the street in front of the hotel. When I checked out the clerk seemed annoyed and wasn't pleasant. If I stop at this exit again, I will choose one of the hotels on the other side of the interstate.

Room Tip: Go to the other side of the interstate
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Kent, Washington, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

For $40 a night, we felt we got what we paid for and more. Had moved to this hotel from Arlington Suites which was a complete dump. The GM and the gal behind the desk were awesome! Welcomed us, told us several times to let them know if there was anything at all they could do to make our stay better. The room was dingy and there appeared to be mold on the wall of room 273 but the bed was comfortable, the shower worked well and there was even a coffee maker in the room. I felt sorry for the GM, I asked him if he ever left as I'd seen him at 11:00 PM as well as 5:30 AM. This guy is one hard worker. Days Inn is lucky to have him.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 704-598-7712.

Raj Desai
Days Inn Sunset Rd.
Saint Joseph, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Called ahead from a rest area, has an inside heated pool I wanted but didn't use, looked fine, just a change of plans.

Pay attention to your exit number and letter

Young man at the front desk was superb on the phone and at check-in. free WIFI was offered without asking, told me the pool closed at 10, but he would be there and was more than welcome to hang out a little later. I thought that was a nice gesture.

Room was clean, wifi hooked right up, fast food near-by, Hardees, KFC, Taco Bell, to name a few,

Heater worked very well, thermostat controls worked well,

Very comfortable night

We left early, so didn't see what the breakfast was like.

Room Tip: Had a coupon from the rest area for 45.99
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Calvin L
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

Old and out dated. Heater is all or none. You get what you pay for. However the staff is the best I have ever delt with. My camera was left in the room on Sat when we left. This was not discovered until Monday morning. I figured for sure it was gone. But thanks to the honest cleaning young lady it was turned in. Thanks Days Inn for have a trust worthy staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Fredericksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

You book your room with the teller through glass, our room had a melted sink (someone put something hot on it and severly burned and melted part of it), the grout in the tiles around the tub was mildew, the carpet looked like it haden't been vaccumed in weeks, the hotel was right on a busy road, there is no weather stripping around the door so you can hear the road really loud, the hairdryer didn't work, and it feels like you're going to fall through the tub. The place is cheap though, so you get what you pay for I guess.

• Stayed February 2012