“Modern and Functional Belk Theater at the Blumenthal PAC”

Blumenthal Performing Arts Center
Ranked #11 of 176 things to do in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: Presenting the best of broadway close to home. Upcoming events include The Full Monty, 42nd Street and more!
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Modern and Functional Belk Theater at the Blumenthal PAC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

My first visit to this venue, I saw Matthew Bourne's "Sleeping Beauty" (a 5 star performance itself). Our seats in the third row of the mezzanine level were excellent. After the show we checked out seats in different locations and didn't find any we preferred enough to justify paying more. The front rows of the grand tier were better, but the back rows I thought were worse than going higher but more forward where we were. Sitting in the orchestra level gives you a different, more head on perspective, but since the rows are not as pitched it would be possible to have your view blocked by someone taller sitting in front of you. For a dance concert, I might sit more to the front of the orchestra to get a better view of the costumes and facial expression, but anything where the music is important I would sit in the front of the grand tier or mezzanine (depending on what my budget allows).

As a newer theater, the Belk does not have some of the elegant touches of an older theater, but it is very comfortable and functional. The seats are comfortable and there is ample leg room. At least on the men's side, there was no problem getting going to the bathroom during the intermission.

I look forward to seeing more shows here.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank David Y

Ashburn, Virginia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Arts in Charlotte”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Having lived in New York City, London and the Washington, D.C. area, I have grown accustomed to and expect the "best" when it comes to theatre, musical performances, dance and any cultural event. I was pleasantly surprised by the Blumenthal; the theatre is easy to get to in uptown Charlotte with participating parking garages providing free parking, offers reasonably priced tickets, the staff is friendly and the venue is modern and comfortable. Recently I saw "Sleeping Beauty" which was a feast for the eyes and ears, the combination of classic ballet and modern dance was fantastic--all to the music of Tchaikovsky. I have already purchased tickets for the Nutcracker Ballet next month and am looking forward to returning to the Blumenthal.

Visited November 2013
Harrisburg, North Carolina, USA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Opera Carolina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I've been to the Blumenthal PAC in years past... it is still a beautiful facility. I enjoyed introducing my grandchild to Opera Carolina with this production of Aida.

Visited October 2013
Charlotte, NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Highly recommend any performance at the Blumenthal. Acoustics are particularily suited for Symphony. A+++

Visited October 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Lion King”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had seen this show in Greenville, SC, but wanted to take four other family members to see it. This was the closest location to us. Lovely theatre. Sound was good. We had good grand tier seats and could see everything. Staff helpful, especially afterward getting us back to our parking.

Visited August 2013