“Excellent - Lion King”

Blumenthal Performing Arts Center
Ranked #8 of 183 things to do in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: Presenting the best of broadway close to home. Upcoming events include The Full Monty, 42nd Street and more!
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Show was awesome. Prices for a Simba and tee shirt for my grandson-not so much
Tickets are high enough that we should be able to enjoy something more reasonable for merchandise

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Beautiful Theater and the performanc of The Lion King was great, however, the old f.... should go to a different performance if they do not want children around!!!! I was there with my grandchildren ages 7 & 5 and they loved the show! The theater was filled with excited children having a wonderful time watching the performance. Someone complained about the children talking. Not just us be everyone around us with children received a warning from the ushers that we should leave the theater is the children continues to talk. There was not a single child in ear shot of me that was making a disturbance, they were just commenting on the animals and characters in the performance. Which to a child is very exciting!!! I think that the people who did not want to hear the joyus sounds of excited children should have gone to an evening show where there would have been fewer children not the Sunday afternoon show where there were more children than adults. The ushers could have handled things much better! Common sense says that this performance would be filled with children, so if you do not like children, choose another performance!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My friend and I have been attending performances at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center for several years now. The facility is excellent and the Broadway Lights series is terrific. Though seeing a live theatre performance is a considerably more expensive proposition than going out to a movie, when I consider how much more expensive it would be to travel to NYC (plane ticket, hotel, higher priced meals) to enjoy these shows, it's a bargain. And the thrill of live theatre and the impressive quality of the touring shows that we have had a chance to see right here in North Carolina is worth every penny. We are almost always experiencing a production featuring professional actors, sometimes very famous actors. The costumes, sets and lighting are usually replicated from the Broadway production. The most recent performance we saw here was War Horse, and it was utterly magnificent. I feel very fortunate to be in easy driving distance of such an excellent performing arts facility that is bringing in superb productions year after year. If you can afford a season ticket, I highly recommend it.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been in this performance center for different shows and performances in Charlotte, North Carolina. I saw couple of Broadway Shows like Lion King, Fela, Umuoja, Symphony Orchestra show to name a few. The atmosphere and sitting arrangements is second to none. The layout of the theater is incredible. I will always recommend this theater for medium size performances.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We saw David Copperfield many years ago and really loved it. Also went to Phantom of the Opera and couple of other plays. Always have a good time.