“The Dunhill Hotel was fantastic”
Review of The Dunhill Hotel

The Dunhill Hotel
Ranked #47 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We stayed at the Dunhill hotel to attend the Mary Poppins broadway show and to go to a Panther game. The location of the hotel was SO convenient. We were able to walk to the Belk Theatre and to Bank of America Stadium. We loved the historic charm and history of the Dunhill and the customer service was top notch! Many great restaurant are also within walking distance. This will be our place to stay in downtown Charlotte!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Dunhill Hotel

Reviewed August 11, 2010

The Dunhill Hotel was a wonderful place to stay. I recently met some friends there to celebrate our friend getting married. It is a great location to lots of attractions downtown. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The rooms were comfortable and allowed you to relax and feel like you were on a getaway. I would recommed it to anyone.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

Our daughter was married in July at a historical church located one block from the Dunhill Hotel. In keeping with the historical theme of the wedding, the majority of the large wedding party, extended family, and personal friends stayed at the Dunhill for the weekend of the wedding. The entire hotel staff (including housekeeping) provided an excellent service. The staff bent over backwards to accommodate all of our many requests throughout the weekend. The Monticello Restaurant, which is part of the hotel, provided excellent meals and service as well. Special thanks to Kandace Stafford, hotel event coordinator, for all of her patience throughout the year of planning it took to make our daughter's special weekend come true. We highly recommend the Dunhill if you are looking for a truly unique experience in downtown Charlotte.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed my stay at the Dunhill. The staff really went out of their way to make us feel so welcome--it really reminded me of good southern hospitality at its best. My friends and I met in Charlotte for a girls weekend and also to celebrate my upcoming wedding. Upon our arrival to the hotel, there was a handwritten note to me from the staff at the Dunhill offering their congratulations and best wishes. I was so impressed by such personal service and attention to detail! Everyone we ran into at the hotel--from the waitstaff at the restaurant to the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff--was so friendly and accommodating (I forgot my toothbrush and one was brought up to me immediately.) And there was a lovely historic charm to this hotel that made it very special and unique. Our rooms were very clean and comfortable. I stayed in the penthouse suite and the views of the city from the TWO balconies were really quite magical. We found the Dunhill to be in a prime location in downtown Charlotte with lots to see and do just right around the corner from the hotel. And the breakfast was so delicious (they have the best home fries!). A sincere thank you to the staff at the Dunhill for making my stay so enjoyable! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Charlotte.

Reviewed August 4, 2010

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Dunhill with a group of my friends. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and one of a kind. I highly recommend staying at the Dunhill over one of the tradtional chain hotels. The staff was very friendly and accomodating and went out of their way to ensure we had a great stay. The location is great- in the heart of uptown Charlotte within walking distance to wonderful restaurants, night life, and some of Charlotte's attractions. The absolutely best thing about the stay was eating breakfast in the restaurant. They have the most amazing potato and sweet potato homefries. We were actually planning to try a brunch somewhere else the second day, but were so impressed with breakfast we returned the next morning. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!

Reviewed August 1, 2010

We came to Charlotte to see a concert and fortunately chose the Dunhill. It was a beautiful old hotel built in 1929. Great room, friendly and helpful staff, with a nice, quiet bar and restaurant. We'll stay there every time we come to Charlotte.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2010

The Dunhill Hotel is absolutely charming and is the one and only historic hotel in the uptown area of Charlotte. The hotel offers a perfect location, just a couple of blocks from the center of uptown. Elegant surroundings are invitingly comfortable with attention to details often overlooked by other hotels, such as the collection of paintings by North Carolina artist, Philip Moose.
The staff is very accommodating - no request seemed too large or too small. We loved the Monticello restaurant, which adjoins the hotel, the service could be slightly improved - I would have ordered another mimosa if I had the opportunity. While the service was not perfect, our waiter was pleasant.
Our room was nice, updated, comfortable and clean.
Our stay was delightful and we will be returning.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple