All reviews historic hotel discovery place downtown charlotte lobby bar tryon street within walking distance southern charm corner room queen bed rooms are small mini fridge breakfast was included beautiful room the location is perfect next morning parking garage the ritz
Selected filters
Reviewed May 16, 2019

Beautiful antique furniture. I have a 4 poster queen bed, big screen tv and the bathroom had been remodeled. It was very comfortable and quiet. Has that old world charm yet up to date amenities. I would definitely stay here againl

Date of stay: April 2019
Carmen B, Front Office Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Dear Larry S,

Thank you for choosing the Dunhill Hotel and taking the opportunity to review your recent experience. We are happy to read that your stay with us was enjoyable. We appreciate the positive feedback and hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to Charlotte.

Reviewed May 3, 2019

The front desk staff could use some improvement. We arrived early, so I asked the two young ladies at the reception to give us a room on a high floor (for a view) when one became available. Instead, they forgot about the request and stuck us on the lowest floor.

The room was being charged to someone else (I was speaking at an event), so they took my credit card as a deposit "just for incidentals". But the next morning, I found that they had put the room charge on my credit card.

A nice young fellow named Joel fixed his colleagues' screw-up, but it marred what would have been a nice stay.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Carmen B, Front Office Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Dear Storm C,

Thank you for choosing the Dunhill Hotel and taking the opportunity to complete a review regarding your most recent experience. We sincerely apologize that your request was not met and happy to hear that Joel was able to resolve your billing issue. We do hope you give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at The Dunhil for one night during a business trip. When I arrived at the hotel they told me both elevators had been down for several days and the only way to access the guest rooms in the 10 story hotel was to take the stairs. When I inquired how long the elevators have been down for they told me it had been several days. Unfortunately the rest of the hotels in the central business district were completely sold out. One elevator did come back online for a short time and then it went back out again.
As long as you don’t mind knowing you might have to climb the stairs to safely get to your hotel room then you should be fine.
While the hotel does have a sense of old southern charm I found the bed to be quite uncomfortable and had a hard time even sleeping. And I usually do not have any issues sleeping in hotel beds. It was also frustrating that the thermostat in the room was controlled by a central system and you could not adjust your own temperature to make the room cooler and it was almost 90° outside. I will be picking a different hotel the next time I return to Charlotte for business.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear 87MichelleN,

Thank you for choosing the Dunhill Hotel and taking the opportunity to complete a review regarding your most recent experience. We sincerely apologize that the elevators were not functioning during your most recent visit. This is not an ideal situation and the elevator company worked overtime to have the issue repaired. We are happy to report that the elevator is back up and running. We are genuinely sorry that is disrupted your experience with us and hope that you give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed April 26, 2019

We booked the Dunhill for an overnight trip into Charlotte for a concert. We had seen the Hotel, but had never stayed there. Since the concert was just across the street we decided to try it, and it was great. Very quaint, well appointed, and clean. The staff was very accomodating, and the bar was quite nice. Did not use the restaurant as food was provided at our venue, but might come back and try it sometime. Breakfast was good as well. All in all a good trip. Would stay there again without hesitation.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cancelon.com
Carmen B, Front Office Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Dear Sightseer57943781302,

Thank you for choosing the Dunhill Hotel and taking the opportunity to review your most recent experience. We are excited to read that your stay met your expectations! We appreciate the positive feedback and hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to Charlotte.

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

I was in town for a World Language Teacher’s conference. Since it was also the start of my spring break I followed my love of historic hotels and spent the night. The room was perfect, the front desk staff was amiable and the parking deck was convient. I was able to park and walk to dinner and then enjoy my nice room. Having checkout later was an asset, I didn’t feel rushed the next morning. It was everything I needed and a great way to celebrate.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Carmen B, Front Office Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Dear NCsnowgirl,

Thank you for choosing the Dunhill Hotel and taking the opportunity to complete a review regarding your most recent experience. We are happy to read that you have an enjoyable stay. We do hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to Charlotte.