All reviews historic hotel discovery place downtown charlotte lobby bar tryon street within walking distance southern charm corner room queen bed mini fridge breakfast was included location was perfect beautiful room next morning parking garage the ritz oatmeal
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at The Dunhil for one night during a business trip. When I arrived at the hotel they told me both elevators had been down for several days and the only way to access the guest rooms in the 10 story hotel was to take the stairs. When I inquired how long the elevators have been down for they told me it had been several days. Unfortunately the rest of the hotels in the central business district were completely sold out. One elevator did come back online for a short time and then it went back out again.
As long as you don’t mind knowing you might have to climb the stairs to safely get to your hotel room then you should be fine.
While the hotel does have a sense of old southern charm I found the bed to be quite uncomfortable and had a hard time even sleeping. And I usually do not have any issues sleeping in hotel beds. It was also frustrating that the thermostat in the room was controlled by a central system and you could not adjust your own temperature to make the room cooler and it was almost 90° outside. I will be picking a different hotel the next time I return to Charlotte for business.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Carmen B, Front Office Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Dear 87MichelleN,

Thank you for choosing the Dunhill Hotel and taking the opportunity to complete a review regarding your most recent experience. We sincerely apologize that the elevators were not functioning during your most recent visit. This is not an ideal situation and the elevator company worked overtime to have the issue repaired. We are happy to report that the elevator is back up and running. We are genuinely sorry that is disrupted your experience with us and hope that you give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed April 26, 2019

We booked the Dunhill for an overnight trip into Charlotte for a concert. We had seen the Hotel, but had never stayed there. Since the concert was just across the street we decided to try it, and it was great. Very quaint, well appointed, and clean. The staff was very accomodating, and the bar was quite nice. Did not use the restaurant as food was provided at our venue, but might come back and try it sometime. Breakfast was good as well. All in all a good trip. Would stay there again without hesitation.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cancelon.com
Carmen B, Front Office Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Dear Sightseer57943781302,

Thank you for choosing the Dunhill Hotel and taking the opportunity to review your most recent experience. We are excited to read that your stay met your expectations! We appreciate the positive feedback and hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to Charlotte.

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

I was in town for a World Language Teacher’s conference. Since it was also the start of my spring break I followed my love of historic hotels and spent the night. The room was perfect, the front desk staff was amiable and the parking deck was convient. I was able to park and walk to dinner and then enjoy my nice room. Having checkout later was an asset, I didn’t feel rushed the next morning. It was everything I needed and a great way to celebrate.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Carmen B, Front Office Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Dear NCsnowgirl,

Thank you for choosing the Dunhill Hotel and taking the opportunity to complete a review regarding your most recent experience. We are happy to read that you have an enjoyable stay. We do hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to Charlotte.

Reviewed March 20, 2019

I was lucky enough to score the Presidential Suite after bidding on Priceline. Wow!!
That being said, the hotel staff was so amazing. I left my phone in my car, the valet ran it back inside to me. The front desk staff was so friendly and was generally excited for me to stay in the suite. The next morning the valet brought my luggage down to my car and had a bottle of water waiting for me in the car. Free breakfast in the beautiful parlor room.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Carmen B, Front Office Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Dear Leslie L,

Thank you for choosing the Dunhill Hotel and taking the opportunity to complete a review regarding your most recent experience. We are pleased to hear that your stay exceeded your expectation and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Charlotte.

Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

The hotel is located centrally, which is the main positive. The garage is adjacent, but you have got two lifts to get there and walk a bit outside as well - not great in the rain, even if only 5 yards. There are only two lifts in the main building and one seems permanent out of order, so you have to wait a bit or sometimes the lift is already full and you have to wait a bit longer. The hotel rate included breakfast, but that is a laugh. I have attached a picture to illustrate, but we walked straight to the Starbucks nearby for breakfast. The beds are comfortable. The shower adjustment for height did not work anymore, but otherwise the bathrooms are ok. It all needs a facelift.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Carmen B, Front Office Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Dear PhillipD606,

Thank you for choosing the Dunhill Hotel and taking the opportunity to review your most recent experience. We sincerely apologize for any issues you encountered and hope that after renovations you give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you for your feedback.