“Oh My!”
Review of The Dunhill Hotel

The Dunhill Hotel
Ranked #52 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My bowtie wearing, southern gentleman of a husband ALWAYS stays at the Dunhill when he is in the Queen City on business. I, on the other hand, consider myself a little more trendy. We are definitely the Soulful version of my favorite childhood show Green Acres! Well, the Westin, my usual stop for lux was booked up, sold out! What agony! My charming hubby called the Dunhill and like magic, a room appeared...and the second sold out night all of a sudden became available for one of it's biggest fans!

Upon my arrival, Mike greeted me with a warm smile and all the southern charm a trendy girl could ask for! I was late getting to Charlotte. No problem, the restaurant was open, with great, healthy organic fare that was an absolute delicious dine.

In the morning, complimentary breakfast with all the fresh brewed java I could drink and I was off to a busy day in Uptown. No worries, did not have to walk one block in my 5 inch shoes, another Michael drove me in the Dunhill car exactly where I needed to go.....gratis plus a generous tip of course for the delightful conversation and the safe trip.

Yes, all it took was a two day stay, a generous walk in shower with a soft robe to slip into afterwards and all the pampering a trendy girl could ask for. Westin who?

Room Tip: Ask for corner room away from elevator!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank busybee2012

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We live in Charlotte and wanted to spend a night downtown to celebrate a special anniversary. The Dunhill fit the bill perfectly. We checked in Saturday afternoon and found the room beautiful and comfortable. We were able to walk down Tryon Street to museums and a delicious dinner at Bernadine's then back to a show at Spirit Square before returning to the Dunhill. Included breakfast the next morning at the attached Harvest Moon was very good, too. Fun to feel like a tourist in your own hometown.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

You feel like a traveler when you visit. And I mean that in the old fashioned way. They greet you enthusiastically; they smile; they listen to your needs, and then they respond in the most helpful way. The hotel is older; that's a big part of the charm and feeling like a traveler.

I sent an e-mail to the concierge before my arrival, outlining my interests, ans asking for recommendations. Mali Malfresh responded within the hour (even though it was already 10:00 pm there) with her outstanding suggestions. She had taken the time to read and understand each of the interests I had. Several museums, architectural spots, garden tours, and most importantly - food and beverage. She promised a welcome package would be waiting when I arrived on Friday. Because I landed earlier in the week, I stopped by, and sure enough, the welcome kit was there and I was able to spend those extra hours seeing just a little bit more of Charlotte. And when I returned on Friday, Mali was as delightful in person as she had been helpful.Trust her, and if she suggests the restaurant Blue, enjoy!

The entire staff was friendly and outgoing and welcoming. This was the nicest hotel experience I have had in years. Should I return to Charlotte, this would be the place I'd stay. Nt only is the hotel and staff great, the location is marvelous.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention this hotel was recommended by Greg Fisher, of HotelsForBiz@gmail.com He's one of the nicest travel people you could ever work with. Thanks Greg

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We enjoyed everything about our stay. Staff is very courteous and attentive. Great restaurant, Harvest Moon, attached at street level that serves locally produced food. The location is fantastic, in the middle of the entertainment, restaurant and shopping district.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very centrally located. Easy to walk to many bars and resturants.
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Self park and valet is at the back of the hotel.
Family had three rooms here. Each a little different.

Rooms a little dark. AC could work a little better.
Breakfast included with room was very good.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at the Dunhill for 2 nights, and if you like boutique hotels you will love the Dunhill. All the staff where amazing, very helpful and accommodating. The room we stayed in was in excellent condition; the a/c was quiet, and there is no charge for the wifi. The lobby and bar area is small but has a real friendly atmosphere. Our complementary breakfast at the Harvest Moon restaurant was very nice. As a real bonus, warm cookies and milk are delivered to you room late afternoon.

If you have never stayed in Charlotte be prepared for 4 levels of State, County, City, and Occupancy tax on your room totaling 15.25%.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stay here whenever I have to travel to CLT for work. It is right downtown within walking distance of everything. There is a wonderful restaurant right onsite (Harvest Moon) and a small bar. While some of the rooms have small bathrooms, all the rooms I have stayed in are large and roomy. The beds are out of this world comfy. I have the best sleep here. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The only thing I find myself wanting here is more electrical outlets, but this is an old historic building.

Room Tip: if you don't need a tub, ask for a room with the large walk in showers. The bathrooms are larger...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business