“I dont even know what to say.........”
Review of La Casa Inn

La Casa Inn
Ranked #166 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Hinesville, Georgia
“I dont even know what to say.........”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I'm an online student at Central Piedmont Community College who lives in Georgia, but I come to Charlotte every couple months to pick up my books and tend to other school related material. I always stay at the Motel 6 behind the La Casa Inn, but it's a bit of a walk from the bus stop. I figured this time I would stay at the La Casa Inn since it sits right on Nations Ford Road and is right at the bus stop. We all make mistakes in life, and this is probably the biggest mistake I have ever made!!!!! I wasn't alone this time when I came to Charlotte because I brought my nephew with me. I kind of knew about the La Casa Inn from reading online reviews (they were misleading reviews by the way). First of all, it isn't $45.99 or whatever the websites claim. The guy at the front desk told me it would be $64.99 a night. I told him no and me and my nephew would just head over to the Motel 6. He stopped us and said he would do a price match with Motel 6, since I already knew Motel 6 was definitely in the $50.00 range. He obviously knew it too because he kept trying to force the room on me. I finally gave in after nearly ten minutes of persuasion. He offered to have one of the employees show me two rooms, and allowed me to pick which one I wanted. I paid $210.00 for four nights, which is what I would of paid at Motel 6. As me and my nephew were leaving the front desk, I noticed two exterminators were talking about how they got most of "them" on the second floor, and I wouldn't find out until later what "them" meant. The guy at the front desk was also insisting that we leave our luggage in the lobby while we go look at the rooms. There were two maintenance people in the lobby along with three maids. All five of them looked suspicious so me and my nephew hauled our luggage to the second and third level to look at the two different rooms. As we were climbing the steps to go to the first room, I noticed a man and a woman standing next to a door. It just didn't look right to me, but I kept on going. The first room smelled like burnt rubber, but it had a kitchenette, microwave, and microfridge. I told the employee I wanted to see the second room before making a final decision. The second room was on the third level. As I looked down towards the parking lot, I still saw that man and woman standing next to the door, but this time another man was standing there with them. I still tried to mind my own business and make the best of a potential rip off, which is what it would turn out to be in the end. Me and my nephew went into the second room. It didn't have a microfridge, microwave, or kitchenette. The air conditioning didn't seem to be working either. The room smelled like cigarettes, when I clearly asked for a non-smoking room. My nephew has asthma, allergies, and other forms of respiratory issues. I also have allergies myself, and I decided to go with the lesser of the two evil rooms, which was the room that smelled like burnt rubber. We went back to front desk to get our room keys. The guy tried getting me to sign for the room and completely forgot to give me back my change. I paid him $220.00 earlier and reminded him he needed to give me $10.00 back. Me and my nephew headed to our room on the second level. In the parking lot, the two guys and girl I was talking about finally walked into the hotel room. What they were going to do is beyond me, and again I ignored it and tried to make the best of this situation. Me and my nephew settled into our room. The light near the television didn't work, the television's color seemed to be way off, the cover to the tv remote's batteries was missing, the light over the work desk didn't work, the microfridge wasn't cold enough, the curtains didn't close all the way, there were cigarette ashes on the desk between the beds, the beds seemed to be at a tiny lopsided angle of a chair you sit in when you visit the dentist and they have to examine your teeth the air conditioning unit was made by LG, the same people who make lame cell phones, so I knew it wouldn't work right, and it didn't. I tried to call the front desk to see if they have wifi. Usually the 0 option on a hotel phone gives you the front desk. I dialed the 0 option on the phone and it gave me some phone company. ??????????? I had to get out my hotel key and dial the hotel's phone number!!!!!!! The guy at the front desk told me that they had wifi. I didn't have much time to pull out my laptop and get on it before I saw a roach, THE BIG JUICY ONES THAT FLY!!!!!!!! My nephew was on the phone with his brother when I pointed it out to him. He looked up at the wall with amazement and said "Oh Lord". He paused so long that his brother hung up on him. I needed something to kill this evil little thing with. Just as I grabbed my shoe, it ran away. I think it knew it was going to die. It crawled across the wall, then on to the ceiling. I climbed on top of the bed to hit it, and I missed, plus my shoe fell out of my hand and over to the other side of the bed. It flew on to the work desk, the same work desk without a working light, so it wasn't like I could turn it on to find out where it went. It finally crawled out of nowhere. I picked up my nephew's LeBron Christmas Day's X's Nikes. He told me no, not my LeBron's, but I did it anyway. I hit it thinking it was dead, but no, it still was living. This makes it the second attempt at killing it. I was convinced I was dealing with the Terminator!!!!! I hit it a third time and didn't miss, and I killed it. I sat down on the bed, mad as hell, and decided I was going to ask for another room. I called the front desk to complain, and the guy told me that the exterminators had treated each room, and there shouldn't be any roaches. As I was on the phone with him, I saw another roach crawl up the wall near the kitchenette area. I told him what I saw, and he still told me there shouldn't be any roaches. He then had the nerve to ask me why I didn't see anything in the room when I got it. HELLO!!!!!! ROACHES LOVE DARK PLACES. WHEN YOU TURN ON THE LIGHTS, THEY GET SCARED AND START TO SCATTER. I demanded a full refund, but he told me that he could only refund me for three of the four nights I paid for. I asked him why I couldn't get a full refund and had to pay one night's stay, he still didn't tell me. He told me he was sending an exterminator to my room to check it out. I guess the exterminators work full time at this hotel because it appeared they were wearing La Casa Inn name tags. The nicer hotels don't have 24 hour exterminating employees.............Anyway, me and my nephew gathered our things, and went back to the front desk. He again told me that he couldn't give me a full refund, but only for three nights. He offered me a change in rooms, and I refused. I even showed him proof of the dead roach because I took a picture of it with my cell phone. He told me that the exterminator needed to see the room. I guess it was to prove whether I was telling the truth or not. I didn't really care at that point. I offered to take the partial refund, got my money, and went over to the Motel 6. As I'm typing this, I'm happy, my nephew is happy, everything works, no roaches, although I don't enjoy the walk to the bus stop. I wont ever stay at that hotel again. I should of known that a score of 81 wasn't good, along with all the bad reviews.

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Ray W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed July 18, 2013

yuck is the word. wish i took more time to read all the reviews. i've stayed in many hotels with low review but this was the worst. the smell outside n inside were bad. i kept checking to make sure my door was locked and didn't sleep cause i kept wondering if my car would still be there. got there late so i couldn't cancel. and the pool? no water and a mess!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank nithchan
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Help this place no smoke detecters,lazy up front people , very loud.hair in shower ............'........ No remote,front desk was rude guy.the lady was nice an helped me thanks .not again i want stay will sleep in My car

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank lovinme40
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 13, 2013

With over 150 nights on the road, this one takes the cake of dump of dumps. This hotel did not have a phone, lights did not work, people drinking alcohol in the parking lot. We left after 90 minutes. We to front desk to talk to a manager and was told he would be in the next day. Came back the next day with being told that the manager would be in later in the week. Please avoid this hotel. Hotels.com gave it a good rating. Unsure why. With my travels to other parts of the world, this hotel would be closed in them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank WorldTraveler19999
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is my first time ever writing a review but I hope this will help someone else. I Arrived at this hotel on Dec 23,2012 thinking that the pictures online looked like the hotel...They don't!! The first room I looked in smelled like a zoo mixed with newports! So I asked if I could see another room and the 2nd room was WORSE. The entire grill was missing from the front of the heater. There are people walking around all night who aren't staying in the hotel. It looks like a drug dealing hotel. I'm African American and I love my own and everyone else but I didn't even want to park my car there. I went to another hotel!! You do the same PLEASE

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank jeremiahs60814
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Very affordable and clean. Only problems were minor wear and tear, such as carpet burns, etc. Would definetly stay here again. We only stayed one night to go to Carowinds this time, but we will be staying here from now on when in the area because the price is great. We do alot of spontaneous weekend travel so we now have a spot for Charlotte. :-)

• Stayed October 2012
5 Thank Jodiw1980
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here 10/13/12. Wished we would have read the reviews. This will be easy. All reviews except for the good are true. We had one guy beg for money to get a room, just couldnt subject him to this nasty place. I think that the RAMADA might own this place or they did at one time. The wi-fi comes up as RAMADA and the signs on the back of our room door were also RAMADA signs.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends