“Horrible place, nasty front desk staff, rooms disgusting!”
Review of La Casa Inn

La Casa Inn
Ranked #165 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
“Horrible place, nasty front desk staff, rooms disgusting!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This place is located off of the highway, which is nice! When you walk in the front desk personel is sitting behind the desk with a smug attitude. I had to change rooms 3x. I couldn't even get into the first room they put me in. The second room smelled like mildue and had standing water on the floor. Finally I moved to another room, only to find that the room had old disgusting blankets, a fowl smell, and didn't even have a phone for me to contact the front desk. I would never stay at any hotel like this and will not ever reccomend this place to anybody for any reason. DISGUSTING AND RUDE STAFF!!! The girl Isabel was very nasty about my experiences and told me if I was not happy I could check out but would be charged anyways!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Bnvplus3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ontario, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2012

August 28, 2012. I made a reservation at this hotel for 9/2-9/8/12 at $47.48 per night and the hotel is now trying to sell the room for$350.00; yet they will not honor my confirmed reservation because they say I made it too early (10/11) for the Democratic convention. I want the room at the rate agreed to by me and La Casa; not some over inflated price.

Reservation Id: 111012LM

Room Tip: Don't book here. They are selling the rooms during the Democratic Convention for $500.00 on som...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Linda M
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Our group booked 11 rooms. 4 had to be changed because they were so bad, and the other 7 were just barely useable. Don't stay here. You will without question regret it. Any good rating is a fake created by the hotel owners and staff, or the on site prostitutes. It's filthy, broken, and horrifying in every way. I'm not difficult to please and still left embarrassed, and offended. You will too if you choose to save a few dollars and to this dismal pile of construction and human effluence.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. It's so woefully terrible!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank DeWayne W
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

it was the middle of summer and our air conditioning was broken at our house. my boyfriend and I decided to be adventureous, and get a cheap hotel after a day at carowinds.... BIG mistake. bed bugs, ants everywhere and drug deals going on all around us. we didn't last the whole night. easily one of the most disgusting places I've ever been. yuck.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank alicianocolette
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

The website made it seem this place is the best in CHARLOTTE. Yeah right! I wish I had read reviews first. Dirty Dirty Dirty! I ask for a refund and they would not give it to me after only being there 20min. Beware THE WEBSITE IS A LIE!!!

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank MichelleNC68
Maryland
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I advise anyone with good sense not to stay here. The service was terrible. Upon check in we found that our reservation wasn't in the system. In addition, someone left their toolkit and hat in the room as if they forgot them when returning from break.

The staff was ridiculously rude and impatient. Their response to a question regarding the ice machine being broken was that "it hasn't worked in 2 years." We witnessed the receptionist be rude to a customer when she complained about the lack of cleanliness of her room.

The place really should be condemed. There was mold in the shower and the toilet seat wasn't attached to the toilet. I don't like posting bad comments about businesses but i will never, ever stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Customer968
Fort Bragg, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I never stayed at this hotel and here's why. I booked my room online and ended up not needed the room. I called to cancel over 24 hours before check in. The very rude receptionist told me that I was going to be charged a night for canceling late. I explained to her that there was no policy explanation in my conformation email. So she tells me that "everyone" knows that you can't cancel this late. After several minutes of arguing this she blurts out that she is gonna cancel the reservation and charge me the one night stay and hangs up on me. I was completely shocked!! So after some digging on the web site I found the cancellation policy that says you have until 4pm the day of check in to cancel. So my husband calls back to straighten this all out and we were not charged anything. But we are banned for life from there!! lol After reading all the reviews here I would say thats a blessing in disguise!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family