“Short Stay”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #72 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We were in town for a concert so we really didn't get to enjoy the amenities. The staff were very nice and the room was very clean. Hotel is just a little out dated. Could use a fixing up. Good trip!!

Room Tip: The rooms need some updating.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to write this very nice review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, and especially appreciate your recognition of our hard working staff. Great service along with a very clean hotel are our main objectives for all guests and all stays. And, by the way, we will be completing our renovations soon, which will take care of the fixing up you mentioned. We hope to see you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Airport

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I would stay here again. Very clean rooms and amazing staff. The location is great. I travel all over the country and enjoy staying in hotels and resorts. Some simple, some grand. Very clean and the staff really pays attention to the guests experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay, and for taking the time to share your experience. We sincerely appreciate your kind words, and our staff thanks you for acknowledging their tireless efforts. We hope you will visit again soon!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

The one thing I look for in a hotel is that it has to be clean. I do not mind paying a little more for that, and I have come to trust sites like TripAdvisor.com to host a forum where honest opinions are allowed. The people preceding me on this site spoke the truth, this place was indeed quite clean. Sheets smelled good, the floors were nice, and furniture was comfortable, and the bed was fantastic. (they even provide two kinds of pillows, harder and softer for me to pick from).

Breakfast was exactly what I would expect, decent selection, and the dining room was kept clean too. The coffee was good too.

I was only staying overnight, arrived late and left early, so I cannot comment on any of the amenities of the hotel. I understand there is a swimming pool. I also liked that it was close enough to downtown Charlotte NC so that my drive in the next morning was quick. It was nice that I did not have to pay for overnight parking in addition to the hotel charge like some other equally nice, but downtown, hotels where charging.

Would I stay here again? If I find myself in need of a place in Charlotte, yes.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us, and for your wonderful review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and we truly appreciate you pointing out many of our best and nicest features. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I'm a Choice Privileges platinum member, so I stay in a lot of Choice Hotels. It sometimes mystifies me why some are rated 3 stars, while others 4 1/2 stars, when they can provide equal comfort (there are some properties in this chain that are justifiably lower rated). Honestly, this hotel is one of the better Choice hotels I've stayed at. It's pretty new, the rooms (suites) are large and comfortable, there's a working business center with printer, etc. It's not a "great" hotel -- Choice hotels are almost never special -- but it's a very good airport motel that's perfect for an overnight. I would return. I suspect that when I do, it will have a higher tripadvisor score!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for sharing your observations. We are glad you enjoy staying with us and thank you for voicing your opinions concerning our ratings. We hope to see you again soon and we look forward to those higher ratings that we constantly strive for.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I love this hotel.my wife and I are very pleased with the service we receive when we travel to charlotte, Carolina. they offer a great breakfast ,I recommend the that you find yourself going down to the heated pool , and put your tired feet in the water

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us, and for this great review! We are sooo glad you enjoy staying with us, and thank you for pointing out your favorite things. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We went to Charlotte to see our son who works at the airport. This was very close to where he lives. The room was comfortable and had a microwave and fridge. It was clean and the bathroom was large. The hot breakfast was appreciated but I would have liked bacon!

Room Tip: Airport and highway noise was evident at all times.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your experience. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for mentioning some of our best features. I’m sorry we didn’t have bacon during your stay, maybe next time. Thanks again and we look forward to having you back!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We were stuck with a twelve hour mechanical cancelation. They picked us up promptly at the airport by a friendly driver. A friendly desk clerk checked us I to an ok alll suite hotel. Breakfast was included that opened at 6. Unfortunetly only the skeleton of a breakfast was ready at 6. I asume the rest would come out later. A really nice man took us to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to share your experience. We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay, even though it was a result of an unplanned delay. We have the pleasure of serving many distressed passengers from the airport, and it is always our goal to make a bad day better. I do apologize for not having all of our breakfast out on time – that was a result of our server having a medical issue and our substitute came in as soon as possible, but was a bit late. Our staff works very hard to please, and they sincerely appreciate your recognition of their efforts. Again, thank you – and we look forward to seeing you back with us, hopefully under better circumstances next time.